Essay Title

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 06:35 pm
A majority of the global population believe that climate is changing but only a minority believe that man is at fault. What is your opinion?

My main question for this essay is what is it that we have to actually talk about or discuss? Are there different ways of answering it? This is a General Paper question. Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 788 • Replies: 5
No top replies

neologist

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 09:07 pm
@Akshay96,
What do you think?
Research facts
Develop theme
Write
You will be graded on how well you present the case.
You don't have to be right. Apparently no one else knows, either
Akshay96

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 09:20 pm
@neologist,
But what if we were to only talk about the reasons why man was at fault? Cause when I look at the question, I think of the question asking for my opinion on the whole situation, like what I believe in. Is that okay as well?
neologist

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2013 01:18 am
@Akshay96,
This is a writing course, am I right?
Have you been assigned a position from which to write? Or, are you free to approach the subject in general? If you have been assigned a position, you should first research facts that support that side and fabricate your essay whether you hold that opinion or not. It's good practice for developing rhetorical skill. That's the reason for the assignment. You might ask if its OK to include your rebuttal. But first attend to the topic given.

If you are to approach the subject in general, I think you would have permission to proceed from your own point of view. But your rhetorical approach should be the same.
Gather facts
Create a theme
Outline your points.
Write
Akshay96

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2013 04:11 am
@neologist,
It is a general writing course. But nonetheless, thank you very much! Smile
neologist

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2013 10:45 am
@Akshay96,
Akshay96 wrote:
It is a general writing course. But nonetheless, thank you very much! Smile
Then, if you can find evidence global warming is part of an intergalactic scheme, you could write one hell of an essay. Post it here in creative writing.
0 Replies