So? 'What will you be boycotting today' game?

glitterbag

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 12:04 pm
@Blickers,
Today I shall boycott lily pads, I hate lily pads
vonny

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 02:24 pm
@glitterbag,
My boycott today will be magicians - I've never seen a good one yet!
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 02:53 pm
Today I shall be boycotting naked jogging.

I will also keep boycotting it until March 15th, when my Court Banning Order comes to an end.
Blickers

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 03:42 pm
@Lordyaswas,
These days I'm boycotting Occupying Bird Sanctuaries. The whole thing is just too silly.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 07:40 am
@Blickers,
I will be boycotting a recently discussed college game, The Penis Game.
Blickers

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 09:52 am
@tsarstepan,
I'm boycotting quantum mechanics. Anything that has to be supposedly proven by indirect means over and over again probably was never really true in the first place.
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 09:57 am
@Blickers,
Today I am boycotting Rum Cocktails, as I am not as drink as you thunk I am.
Blickers

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 02:05 pm
@Lordyaswas,
I'm boycotting strontium 90. I don't book vacations near anyplace that has had a nuclear war in the last 28 years.
vonny

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 02:44 pm
@Blickers,
I shall boycott television - quite simply, I'm bored with it.
Blickers

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 07:16 pm
@vonny,
I'm boycotting unicorns. Did you know that they carry Lyme Disease?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 08:23 pm
I shall boycott Voxpoppers, because everyone else has forgotten them anyway.

Little is known about this group who had one US chart single, ‘Wishing For Your Love’, in 1958 before returning to obscurity. The group was a quintet (including saxophone, accordion, guitar, bass and drums) from New York City, and had earlier recorded both instrumentals and vocal ballads for such labels as Poplar and Amp-3. They cut ‘Wishing For Your Love’, written by Sampson Horton, for the latter label and when it received airplay, the larger Mercury Records picked up distribution and the single reached the US Top 20. They continued to record for Mercury and Warwick Records but disappeared from the scene before long.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 08:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
I must boycott sugar candy, but I'm weak and hopeless.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 09:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I am that way about Pecan Sandies cookies. I had to stop buying them, because I can't resist eating them all the same day.
Blickers

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 09:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
I am boycotting wallabys, because I am morally opposed to Marsupialism.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2016 02:20 am
I shall be boycotting xylophone music today, as I am in a glockenspiel sort of mood.
Blickers

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2016 09:33 am
@Lordyaswas,
I'm boycotting the use of "zed" as the last letter of the alphabet. A friend of mine originally from the West Indies listens to his former home radio station, ZJB, on the internet and keeps pronouncing it "Zed Jay Bee", despite my advice to him to switch to normal prounciation.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2016 10:22 am
Today I am boycotting the word aerosol, as it sounds like a body part when pronounced by a Swede.

Typical verbal confusion :

Scene: Swedish Chemist Shop.

Me (English accent) : I'd like some deoderant please.

Swedish assistant, complete with Swedish accent : Ball or aerosol?

Me : Neither. I was looking for an underarm one.

See?

Blickers

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2016 11:09 am
@Lordyaswas,
I'm boycotting Bananas with dreadlocks, the giant size, because they cause friction in so many ways and easily lead to people losing their hard earned money.

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/01-1n007-carnival1-c-300x300.jpg?quality=100&strip=all&w=300&h=300&crop=1
Henry Gribbohm Photo: WBZ-TV, Boston
By Andy Soltis

May 1, 2013 | 4:00am
Modal Trigger
Loser’s banana $plat

Henry Gribbohm lost his life savings on a carnival game — and all he has to show for it is this dreadlocked stuffed banana.

The 30-year-old father from Epsom, NH, took his kids to a carnival at Manchester, NH, on Saturday. He was attracted to a game called “Tubs of Fun,” which offered a neat prize, an Xbox Kinect, to anyone who could toss balls into a tub.

It was easy to do when he practiced throwing balls. “It just sinks right in, there’s no issue at all,” he said.

But when he put down money to play, something seemed to change, he said: The balls bounced out of the target.

Gribbohm tried to recoup the old fashioned way — by playing double or nothing.

Within minutes he was out $300.

So he went home and cleared out his nest egg — $2,300 — and tried again.

You can guess what happened.

“You just get caught up in the whole ‘I’ve got to win my money back,’ ” he told WBZ-TV.

But he began to suspect that he just couldn’t be that bad at the ball-tossing game. “It’s not possible that it wasn’t rigged,” he said.

When he went back to the carnival on Sunday to complain, the game’s operator gave him $600 — and the banana. He then filed a report with the Manchester Police Department, which is looking into possible fraud.

Fiesta Shows, which ran the carnival, said the game is run by an independent contractor. “First I ever heard of anything like that,” said “They’ve been with us quite a while,” Fiesta Vice President John Flynn. “For once in my life I became the sucker,” he said. “It was foolish putting up my life savings.”

Flynn said it’s “pretty next to impossible” to lose as much as Gribbohm said.

But, he said, “I know it’s a difficult game. I’ve tried it myself —- I’ve done it once, missed probably 20 times.”

Fiesta said “Tubs of Fun” will have to be cleared of wrongdoing before it can set up shop when the traveling carnival opens at Derry, N.H.

That was little consolation for Gribbohm.

“You’re expecting the kids to win a few things, let the kids have a good time,” he said of going to the carnival.

“It just didn’t turn out that way,” he added.

Now he’s thinking about filing a lawsuit.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2016 12:10 pm
I am boycotting corpuscles, because, who needs them anyway?
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2016 02:52 pm
I am boycotting dioramas, because who needs the real thing when we have computer gizmos showing the same stuff.
http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_640x430/public/diorama_header.jpg