So? 'What will you be boycotting today' game?

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 12:49 pm
Typical alphabetical word game but with a twist!*

Pick an item or person you can't stand and wish to start a international boycott against. Extra points for giving a brief explanation why that thing or person truly gets your goat.

I'll start:
I will be boycotting anthrax (not the band but the disease) because as a white powder it doesn't make a tasty or healthy calorie free substitute for powdered sugar on donuts.

The next poster will name an object or person to whom he or she will be boycotting in which starts with the letter b ... and so forth.

*PS: There actually isn't a twist in the game. I decided to boycott all game twists. #shrugs

Rockhead

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 01:06 pm
@tsarstepan,
bread.

the food, not the syrup based rock group.

and not gluten free bread, either...
CoastalRat

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 01:48 pm
@Rockhead,
I'm boycotting Candy Crush Saga. Cause I've had it up to here with all the FB friends asking me to play that stupid game. (Besides, I'm stuck on level 176 and quite sick of trying to beat it. lol)
ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 01:53 pm
@CoastalRat,
dates, as in medjool dates. Too sweet.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 01:53 pm
@CoastalRat,
I'm boycotting Detroit. A friend who lives there says it's the most corrupt city in the States, crime is everywhere, and the police don't even answer calls. The place needs an overhaul.
McGentrix

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 02:12 pm
@Mame,
Elle. The model not the magazine. All this time lusting after her she still hasn't called me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 02:21 pm
Farding, because women ought to do that at home.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 03:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm boycotting the yuppie of all yogurts! GREEK YOGURT! You ain't all that Greek Yogurt!
ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 03:57 pm
@tsarstepan,
I refuse to buy any hiccup remedies.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 04:24 pm
I will be boycotting ipso fatso in the telling of jokes, because I have heard it before without laughing.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 04:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
Jello. Enough with it, including shots, which I don't know anything about since I don't care.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 04:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
Meantime, eb, what is farding?

That wasn't a challenge, I actually wondered. Is farding an offshoot word or a texas flyby.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 04:43 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

I'm boycotting Detroit. A friend who lives there says it's the most corrupt city in the States, crime is everywhere, and the police don't even answer calls. The place needs an overhaul.

Mame, Detroit is not a place; it's an evil state of mind. When you have irresistable homicidal/suicidal urges, you're in Detroit. Trust me. I've been there.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 04:45 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
In the meantime, I'm boycotting Kandy Kisses. Why? Because I hate stupid cutesy-poo spelling.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 05:07 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Meantime, eb, what is farding?

That wasn't a challenge, I actually wondered. Is farding an offshoot word or a texas flyby.

Putting on makeup while driving.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 05:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
You'll never catch me doing that, as I'm not a makeup puss.
I'm easily bored, so I left it in my late teens.

So much for a lot of magazines.. by now I've watched decades about eyelashes flash on by.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 05:28 pm
So, what letter are we at?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 06:21 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

So, what letter are we at?

That's for us to know and for you to figure out. Laughing
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 11:53 pm
We seem to have skipped J, so I'll sacrifice myself and do J.

J = I'm boycotting Jack in the boxes because they always scared me as a child. Eww, yuk. Stephen King - 0h, there's the next letter - how convenient
vonny

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2013 04:58 am
@Mame,
I'm boycotting Loose Women - a stupid programme on British tv - sooooo boring!