farmerman

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2019 10:30 am
@jespah,
I have friends who are accomplished authors and live quite comfortably and two authors who write "Creative non-fiction" and self publish. Theyve done alright when it comes to sales. Apparently the self publishing has opened new sales opportunities for them at writers conferences and public forums.( I consider fora more a display of "fine writing"). Are your volumes published by the folks running the contest??
jespah

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2019 10:47 am
@farmerman,
Actually, no.

The one published novel is with a hybrid house called Riverdale Avenue Books.

I have short stuff in various anthologies or e-zines. The second novel is with RAB but it's been in developmental hell for a few years. At some point, I will probably pull the plug on it and seek to either query it elsewhere or self-publish it, probably on Kindle Direct Publishing.

The current project is my 10th original novel. I've got 2 trilogies and this is a standalone although if I can get my act in gear on it, it could potentially be a series. My mental jury is still out on this.

Thank you for asking.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2020 05:38 am
Doing it again this year. This one will be the sequel to last year's. It's called Time Addicts 2: Nothing is Permanent (last year's was Time Addicts 1: No One is Safe).

Thank you for your kind support.

Edgar, you doing it again this year?
jespah

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2020 08:51 am
@jespah,
Win #8 is in the books (no pun intended). Book will probably be finished in a few more chapters.

50,000th word was arrived. Smile
izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2020 08:52 am
@jespah,
Fantastic, you must be worn out.
jespah

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2020 09:42 am
@izzythepush,
Thank you. Actually, I'm caffeinated, so I suppose I'll come to a screeching halt later. I wrote the big climactic scene yesterday, so today I'm working on the fallout.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2020 11:41 am
@jespah,
Well done, I’m really impressed.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2022 07:23 pm
… and so it begins again.

This time, with a pack of short prequel stories.

First up, a great-grandmother tells the story of first contact, which happened when she was a teenager. It's 2102.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2022 08:22 pm
I admire your ability to do it.
0 Replies