2  
Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2019 10:30 am
@jespah,
I have friends who are accomplished authors and live quite comfortably and two authors who write "Creative non-fiction" and self publish. Theyve done alright when it comes to sales. Apparently the self publishing has opened new sales opportunities for them at writers conferences and public forums.( I consider fora more a display of "fine writing"). Are your volumes published by the folks running the contest??

2  
Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2019 10:47 am
Actually, no.

The one published novel is with a hybrid house called Riverdale Avenue Books.

I have short stuff in various anthologies or e-zines. The second novel is with RAB but it's been in developmental hell for a few years. At some point, I will probably pull the plug on it and seek to either query it elsewhere or self-publish it, probably on Kindle Direct Publishing.

The current project is my 10th original novel. I've got 2 trilogies and this is a standalone although if I can get my act in gear on it, it could potentially be a series. My mental jury is still out on this.

Thank you for asking.