A2Kers...DO YOU GET TIRE OF THE SAME POSTERS?

chatoyant

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 01:30 am
Thanks Joanne Very Happy
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 01:30 am
Got invited to Raven's Realm but never entered the site. I was tired of afuzz and didn't want to get involved in another similar type site.

Was/Is Raven's Realm worthwhile?
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 01:32 am
Got to get DSL one day Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 01:42 am
Raven's Realm had a great membership, but never seemed to generate the kind of activity we have on a2k. It had a number of, well, galleries for want of a better word, for favorite art, writing, poetry, etc, and the same for original work. I don't know. . . . I was more interested in discussion. I think the beginning of the end was a member posting some really good poetry which turned out to be original all right, but original to someone else. It was an ugly episode, followed by distrust of any new member posting original work.

We did have a fairly regular group for Saturday chat session. It worked well except that the MSN chatrooms became difficult for some to enter, and impossible for others. The nature of MSN was that the site's creator could not fix problems as they came along. We were pretty much at the mercy of MSN.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 01:45 am
I think that A2K has reached the point where I would like to see some new faces. The site was just recently opened to send invitations to anyone that you would like.

I will not invite my friends or neighbors. I find that I enjoy a certain amount of anonymity here. There are certain issues and opinions that I discuss here, that I would not address with anyone but my closest friends.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 03:35 am
I like interacting with the people I've known for a while, and I like meeting new ones. Smile
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 05:25 am
This exchange is informative.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 05:46 am
I find I like my discussion websites (and I have SOOOOOOOO much experience, LOL - Abuzz, a li'l bit of Raven's Realm and A2k!) to be like a good party - a goodly core of folk I know and a bunch of people I don't know; the former give me confidence to explore the latter....

Phoenix, I am SO glad you said that about not inviting friends and neighbours! I feel mean and horrid, but I love having a little world that nobody else I know IRL gets to share - a piece of me that is private and exclusive to me and my net friends.

It is not that I am a different person on the net, particularly - or that I have secrets to hide - it is just having a place that is different and personal - a place with no real life pressures or consequences - a place where I can be less certain, more exploratory, less politically committed, more vulnerable - I don't know, it is a bit like having a special "cubby house".

Do people outside Oz have cubbies?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 06:37 am
Quote:
It is not that I am a different person on the net, particularly - or that I have secrets to hide - it is just having a place that is different and personal - a place with no real life pressures or consequences - a place where I can be less certain, more exploratory, less politically committed, more vulnerable - I don't know, it is a bit like having a special "cubby house".

dlowan- You have hit the nail right on the head. There are certain areas of life where it is only prudent to be "politically correct" (I despise that term, by the way Mad ).

I am the same person everywhere. But there are places where only parts of me are obvious. A2K IS, for me, a safe place where I can "let it all hang out", without being concerned with the ramifications.

dlowan- And I DON'T feel mean and horrid.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 07:04 am
I think a2k already has enough of a mix to keep it interesting. We have posters from all around the political spectrum, artists, writers, no telling what all else. And every new member seems to bring in something fresh. I like the way it's growing. Of the three sites I post on, this one seems to fit my personal needs best (sorry, you a2k rs I annoy).
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 07:41 am
In a nutshell... those same old posters is you guys. My friends!

I would welcome more friends.

And sometiimes, if I'm not in a foul mood, I suffer fools! Gladly!
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 07:43 am
alternate answer: I am tired of most of those same old posters, but sometimes I still look that one of Farrah Fawcett...
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 07:58 am
Schwing!!!!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 09:17 am
Well, invitations are open, so if people are at all tired of the mix here, then they're encouraged to invite more people.

Plus, we get some who come in from Google, and eventually we'll have people coming in from other places.

And, no, I'm not tired of any of you. :-D
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 11:17 am
I like y'all. I like what fishin' said too about getting to know people you'd "met" before a little better. I'm definitely looking forward to totally new newbies, people who find us on Google and jump in.

Dlowan and Phoenix, what was that Seinfeld episode about George's girlfriend and "worlds collide?" George wanted to do his thing with Jerry, Elaine and Kramer separately... anyway, I know what you mean.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 11:26 am
I like Deb's analogy.... that being here is like being at a party. Some of us have known each other for several years, and some of us are new friends. It's much easier to 'mingle' here, and you don't need to worry about finding your purse at the end of the evening!!

It seems to be common for groups of friends to create subsidiary discussion sites that are 'private'. A group of us at a Border Collie discussion site created a private site, where we could feel 'out of the public's eye' and get into some intense in-depth discussions about training techniques. However, we still post messages at the public site and welcome new friends there.

Sometimes a discussion here will spark a desire to find another discussion site that specializes in a certain subject. I've found some new friends by joining some of those sites.

Oh.... and about being secluded from neighbors.... a few days ago, I posted on the "What Are You Wearing Today" thread, when I was at the office. After I posted, I walked over to get a cup of coffee and my boss said, "That sweater is an interesting color. How would you describe that?" OhMyGosh. My mouth fell open and I was thinking "what nickname would he be using in A2K?". He must have thought I was a total space case. It was just a random coincidence. (I think.)

Very Happy
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 11:44 am
We know these knowers diff'rently
(some are close, while some erect a fence)
And there are some, I confess
I'd like to know... in a biblical sense. :wink:
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 11:49 am
P and L
LOL ROTFL
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 01:57 pm
I miss the Realm's Saturday night chat, there is nothing I miss about Abuzz except Abuzz before April 2001. Here at A2k I am getting to know lots of people that were on Abuzz that I did not know so well because of being off Abuzz for most of 2001 and part of 2002.

Roger quinn1 had stated she was MC in the open, in one of Sentana's pubs, I did not really out her, so there.
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 02:33 pm
I've been on this site for fifteen days now, and I hope you guys haven't got fed up with me yet. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 01:24:10