Will Armageddon really happen?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 08:15 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Are you saying perhaps not ever or perhaps not all the time?
I'm thinking those personal Armageddons to be more accurately labled Waterloos. . .

I'm saying that edgar was not trying to be ironic.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 08:51 pm
I was merely mentioning that people who hinge their belief on such Armageddon are being lame.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 08:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
OK if that's how you wish us to interpret: "Thy Biblical Armageddon is so lame. "
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2013 05:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
What do you mean by "hinge their belief on . . Armageddon"?
Do you mean basis for belief?
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2013 05:39 pm
@neologist,
My essential thesis is, it's so much bullshit. I could see a person thinking like that a thousand and more years ago, in some instances. But there is no cause to consider it more than a curiosity these days.
neologist

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2013 06:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yes, but aside from the religious concept, many today fear the proliferation of violence in the world will end in a similar cataclysm. Perhaps I should have titled the OP differently.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2013 08:44 pm
@neologist,
Armageddon to me implies a deist involvement. You know my take on that.
neologist

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 12:39 am
@edgarblythe,
You are right, of course. If we simply read the Bible's description, it is a war between the nations and God. But it has taken a different meaning in some circles, a war of inevitable conflict between nations.

Indeed, were I to turn off my Christian bias, I would have expected the earth to have purged the entirety of mankind long ago in an act of ecological homeostasis.
0 Replies