Purple dye looks blue

Sat 14 Sep, 2013 07:59 am
I had my hair professionally dyed yesterday. I have had the front of my hair dyed purple 2 times before by the same person and it had been a perfect bright purple. This time she used a different brand (and didn't mention it until she was done) and it looked ok at the salon, just a bit darker purple than I had. But when I got home, I noticed in different lighting it looks like a dark blue, and in photos with flash. Which is a huge problem because I need it to be clearly purple for an important event I have in one week. If I tried getting to color to fade a bit will the purple show better? And how should I do it? I've read tons of ideas like baby shampoo, dandruff shampoo, dish soap, baking soda, etc. What do you think would work best without completely killing the color?
And note I can't go back to my hair dresser in time, she is going to be off from work for surgery.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,378 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

hawkeye10

Sat 14 Sep, 2013 08:37 am
an important event demands purple hair? Do tell.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 14 Sep, 2013 09:32 am
@ZavodnyeKlouny,
Go and see another hairdresser.
0 Replies