Is Satan Good???

dfc100

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 05:29 am
My theory on this
i feel if you really REALLY think of it, Hes a good person
i'll explain

Ik the Devil is an evil force of mature BUT!!

when we die
we go to heaven Right

like a nice person that did good thing go to heaven
a person that does something bad goes to hell

think about this tho

THE DEVIL HAS NOTHING TO D WITH GOOD SOULS
the purpose of Hell is for the souls of the GUILTY

the devil only deals with the Guilty

TELL ME IM WRONG BUT
THINK ABOUT THIS THEORY
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,054 • Replies: 19

contrex

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 06:42 am
What is wrong with your theory is that heaven and hell are just fairy stories.
dfc100

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 09:02 am
@contrex,
:'(
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 09:09 am
@dfc100,
I agree with Contrex, but even so you are misrepresenting Christian theology (if your intention is to misrepresent another theology, please let me know but Satan is most commonly discussed in the Christian religion).

In Christian theology there are no good souls. All souls are worthy of eternal torture, and Satan is very eager to take any human soul. In fact Satan specifically works to make sure that humans go to hell.

Any human that gets to heaven (according the Christian theology) get there through a loophole (at the price of the death of the Son of God), not through any kindness of Satan.

Under Christian theology, I don't think there is any way to say that Satan is a good guy. He is more of a villain that has been thwarted by a heroic act of sacrifice.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 09:50 am
You misspelled god in the title of the thread.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 09:51 am
Jesus said "Satan has bound this crippled woman for eighteen years" (Luke 13:16) and then he cured her, so no, I don't think Satan is good.

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 10:02 am
@contrex,
You said- "heaven and hell are just fairy stories"
----------------------------------------------------------

Atheists better hope they are..Wink
Look at it scientifically- when the body dies, the soul automatically flies through the 'Jesus Stargate' straight to him like a missile IF we've locked onto him during our lifetime just as he said- "Small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."(Matt 7:13), but an unlocked soul flies off into nowhere- "Ungodly men,wandering stars for whom the blackness of darkness is reserved forever" (Jude 1:4-19)

The bottom line is that Jesus was a nice guy, so why wouldn't anybody want to lock onto him anyway?

Thomas

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 04:02 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
You misspelled god in the title of the thread.

No, I think the original poster did mean "good".

It was "seitan" that he misspelled. In your zeal to have a religious argument, you evidently missed that this is a cooking thread.
Setanta

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 04:49 am
@Thomas,
How silly of me. No, seitan sucks.
dfc100

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 09:06 am
@Setanta,
Seitan why does everyone spell it Satan then
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 02:07 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Look at it scientifically- when the body dies, the soul automatically flies through the 'Jesus Stargate' straight to him like a missile

That sounds pretty scientific.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 04:02 pm
Romeo said- "Look at it scientifically- when the body dies, the soul automatically flies through the 'Jesus Stargate' straight to him like a missile"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hingehead observed- "That sounds pretty scientific"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think "connect","bond","mindmeld" with Jesus and there you go..Smile
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/stargateJesus.gif~original
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 03:55 am
@dfc100,
Is UR theory that satan is good bcs he gives a place to the guilty because god wont allow the guilty into heaven? According to the bible satan is not the one allowing them into hell. Only god has the ability to send a soul to hell. also according to scripture satan is imprisoned in hell so of course he wants others there too. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 12:47 pm
@dfc100,
dfc100 wrote:
. . . when we die
we go to heaven Right . . .
No. When you are dead, you are dead.

"For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten.6Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they have no portion anymore to time indefinite in anything that has to be done under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 9: 5,6)
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 02:26 pm
DFC100 said- "..When you are dead, you are dead."
"For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten.6Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they have no portion anymore to time indefinite in anything that has to be done under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 9: 5,6)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

My reply- That's an Old Testament quote when they could only guess what death was. Ecc got it half right by saying the dead are "conscious of nothing at all", but he didn't say if he thought death was a permanent or temporary state.
Daniel in the OT was nearer the mark- "Sleepers in the dust of the earth shall awake,to eternal life or contempt" (Daniel 12:2)

When Jesus arrived and gave us the NEW T. he clarified things once and for all by pointing out that death was only a kind of TEMPORARY "sleep"-
Jesus said of a dead child- “Why all this commotion and wailing? The child is not dead but asleep.” (Mark 5:39)
And of his dead friend- "Lazarus is asleep, but I'm going to wake him up now" (John 11:11)
"Don't grieve for those asleep,for they sleep in Jesus" (1 Thess 4:13/14)

On judgment day we get a wake-up call (including atheists) to hear whether we made the grade-
Jesus said:- "Pray..that you will be able to stand before the Son of Man" (Luke 21:36)

neologist

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 03:51 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Learn how to use the quote function. You misquoted DFC100 and missed a critical point.
Romeo wrote:
Ecc got it half right by saying the dead are "conscious of nothing at all", but he didn't say if he thought death was a permanent or temporary state.
Solomon did not write according to his own understanding, but as Peter said at 2 Peter 1:21 " . . . men spoke from God as they were borne along by holy spirit." In fact, for the wicked, death is permanent. If any additional punishment were to be meted out, certainly God would have apprised Adam and Eve of such a consequence.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2013 05:21 pm
Neologist said- "Learn how to use the quote function. You misquoted DFC100 and missed a critical point."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can't seem to find a quote button (sniffle).
Anyway DFC began this thread by asking "Is Satan Good", but it seems to have digressed into a discussion about whether the soul survives death, so I'm not sure what the point of the thread is any longer.
For the record, Satan defintely is not good because he cripples people (Luke 13:16), and there are plenty of verses indicating the soul survives the death of the body, e.g. (Luke 23:41)
izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2013 06:28 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
If you can't find the quote button use this.
Code:[quote]what you're quoting [/quote]
Kiatou666

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 04:40 pm
@izzythepush,
No. But he helps his followers. In my and thier POV Satan is good.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 05:18 pm
This thread is another oldie.

This has been full explored in the TV show "Lucifer", where Satan is a basically good guy who has simply been given the role of managing Hell. In the TV show, Lucifer decides to take a "vacation" from Hell to come and run a Night Club in Los Angeles (of course).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer_(TV_series)

I highly recommend the show. It is entertaining, has a great story, and some demonically good characters.

0 Replies