mysteryman

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 08:03 am
@ashleygreen,
Yes
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 12:11 pm
@ashleygreen,
Most, if not all traffic violations are criminal offenses.
trying2learn

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 04:03 pm
@roger,
I was curious so I called a police officer. That person was busy on a fatal and said no, not all traffic violations are criminal.

That person said it was changed back in the 70's. That person said speeding (not neg or reckless) is an infraction. They also said running a red light or stop sign can be an infraction. That person said equipment problems on a vehicle is an infraction. Also illegal lane changing is an infraction.

I don't keep up with traffic violations. Luckily I can call a police officer and ask questions.

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 12:11 am
@trying2learn,
T2L is correct (or her police officer friend is correct). Many traffic violations are classified as "infractions."

Driving Under the Influence is a criminal violation.
trying2learn

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 12:29 am
@Ticomaya,
Well I guess I am lucky that I can just pick up the phone and call a police officer. I don't like doing that because the first question from them is what did I do or am I in trouble.

I really feel like an idiot calling them to ask questions. This has not been the first time and probably not the last.

Nice to see you Tico and you too Roger.
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 08:18 am
@trying2learn,
trying2learn wrote:
I really feel like an idiot calling them to ask questions. This has not been the first time and probably not the last.

Yeah, you might want to hold off until it's something more important and personal.

Quote:
Nice to see you Tico and you too Roger.

Nice to see you too.
contrex

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 12:18 pm
Violating the law on alcohol level while driving is a criminal offence or offense in just about every jurisdiction. In the USA, it is a criminal offense in all 50 states, and additionally certain types of this offense can be a felony.
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2013 08:13 pm
@Ticomaya,
When I call one of them to ask a question, it is personal. I don't call the same one over and over again. I spread the love Smile
0 Replies

ashleygreen

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 04:32 am
@ashleygreen,
Thanks for sharing your views..
0 Replies