Of Brunswick Sausage, and Oysters . . .

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 08:29 am
cavfancier wrote:
Ha ha ha...Oh well, there goes my planned breakfast of iron-enriched cereal, raw leek and liver, not that I'm complaining, heh heh.

curses (iron) foiled again! [offers more protection than tin.]
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 08:31 am
I would think that among staunch WASPS, a teenage girl NOT having the "curse" would be more of a "curse" indeed....talk about skewed religious logic there...
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 08:40 am
Hmm;

I was just putting together Icarus 'bikini wax', the afore mentioned bbq sauce, and now your 'skewered' logic............

the result is not pretty! Shocked
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 09:03 am
Eww, yes, definitely not something I would like to see on an hors d'oeuvres platter...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 09:05 am
Ah, whores deevores . . . now we're arrived back at Oysters Rockyerfeller . . . and some medium shrimp, grilled in a sweetish garlic-ginger sauce . . .
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 09:18 am
The Sweets don't use a lot of ginger, i was 'lean'ing more toward 'tartar'!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 10:55 am
BoWoGo--

The Curse (of Eve) is to bear each child in pain. The Patriarchs of Genesis announced that women were "unclean" at their times of the moon. This was inconvenient to men: no hot dinners, no clean clothes, no hanky panky.

None of them considered the bloody inconvenience of women. In fact, even in the '40's and '50's the term "The Curse" was thought to indicate to sweet, impressionable little girls that Virtuous Womanhood might in some ways be very inconvenient for both madonnas and whores.

Cav--

Are you also forbidden red wine? A little red wine for the stomach's sake?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 11:08 am
No red wine for me, Noddy. Although good for the stomach, it's not good for the liver, due to the alchohol. It's a killer not to be able to even have a nice glass of wine with dinner, or a cold beer, but it's doctor's orders. Confused
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 11:09 am
They don't even want me to have liquor-center chocolates. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 11:15 am
Those whom the gods would destroy, they first make 'temperate'!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 12:21 pm
Cav--

Why doesn't life ever award us some pleasant Character Building Experiences?

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 01:17 pm
Hear, hear, Noddy!

I used to think being a shallow old woman would be an awful fate and was proud of the fact that I'd had enough CBEs to avoid that. However I must admit, the older I get, the more I envy those people.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 01:55 pm
Eva--

In the same line of pointless speculation: Why do you suppose that there are so few pleasant ghosts? Most of the haunts I've heard of are thoroughly disagreeable.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 02:15 pm
Hmmm. Ghosts. Poor souls who could not resolve their problems? Or spirits who loved life so much they cannot move on? Next on Jerry Springer.....

(pointless, 'tis true...)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 02:28 pm
Casper was a friendly ghost, but occasionally prone to just being pleasant, when his mean uncles were around.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 09:07 am
cavfancier wrote:
No red wine for me, Noddy. Although good for the stomach, it's not good for the liver, due to the alchohol. It's a killer not to be able to even have a nice glass of wine with dinner, or a cold beer, but it's doctor's orders. Confused

Bugger the doctors! I think a bit of what you fancy does you good. An extra month of life with no wine isn't worth the candle. Unless you feel ill when you drink it, that is. Just a small glass with a meal.. the most temperamental liver couldn't quarrel with that, could it?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 09:10 am
I'm prone to agree with you Clary, but just not quite yet. Wine never really bothered me anyway, just certain foods. I'm changing my diet, and doing much better for it.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 09:12 am
OK, but in your profession it must be hard to give up such an adjunct to the taste buds. What have they taken you off, foodwise?
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 09:17 am
for now Cav, stick to the wise path; i would rather your 'health challenge' be a memory, than 'you'!!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 09:22 am
Well Clary, I'm not restricted to any particular diet beyond "eat balanced meals, and if you are hungry eat, to keep the metabolism up." My food choices these days are pretty much being made up by me through trial and error, i.e. what makes me feel better, and energizes me, and what makes me sick? The doctors have been VERY firm however, on the 'zero alcohol' thing, that and pain killers of any kind. A liver in recovery needs the least amount of toxins it can get, and alkyhol, even in small doses, and advil, tylenol, etc. are big problems.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 06/02/2024 at 08:00:17