Anonymous Articles

gollum

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 05:06 pm
Do any websites allow a person to write articles without publishing his/her name? Does the person get paid or share in the advertising revenue?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,842 • Replies: 5
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 05:32 pm
@gollum,
You needn't publish your name here.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 01:45 pm
@gollum,
Why would anyone want to pay attention to someone who doesn't have the balls to put his name to his remarks?
gollum

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 05:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Thank you, Frank. I take your point. Signing one's name to ones writing may result in the writer being careful about his facts and taking positions that enable him hold his head up high.

I work for a government agency. The terms of my employment preclude me from taking a published position on a matter concerning my employer.

However, sometimes I think my employer is pursuing a position contrary to the public interest. So, I would like to express my disagreement with its position publicly but anonymously.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 05:35 pm
@gollum,
gollum wrote:

Thank you, Frank. I take your point. Signing one's name to ones writing may result in the writer being careful about his facts and taking positions that enable him hold his head up high.

I work for a government agency. The terms of my employment preclude me from taking a published position on a matter concerning my employer.

However, sometimes I think my employer is pursuing a position contrary to the public interest. So, I would like to express my disagreement with its position publicly but anonymously.

I'm sure Edward Snowden wishes that could have been done. But it seldom works out that way.

Things being what they are right now...even suggesting such a course of action is probably not a wise move.
gollum

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 06:31 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Edward Snowden released information illegally and allegedly 1) compromised the safety or persons abroad working for the U.S.; 2) destroyed the value of our electronic spying on foreign nations; and 3) disclosed our methods thereby weakening their future value.

I would merely express my opinion on the issues the day as the public is generally allowed to do. My not disclosing my name would not hurt anyone.
0 Replies