A2K - Your favourite threads & forums .. & why?

Grand Duke

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 05:37 am
Although every question I've ever posted here has always been answered more fully than I could ever expect (see my thread 'Things I want to know about the US (but was afraid to ask)), I mainly come here for entertainment - skimming around reading random posts and dropping in little comments if I feel I can add something to the thread.

For this reason, General is my favourite. I use A2K at work, so I haven't got the time to read everything here - I have to take pot-luck sometimes.

PS. I've temporarily ran out of U.S. questions, but I'm watching lots of TV to glean some more!
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 05:44 am
I come for the trivia word game threads and the film threads..i get to angry to debate logically..but i do follow the political threads..enjoy reading certain individuals who shall remain nameless so as not to boost their already inflated egos...:-))
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 06:48 am
I love those threads that make me sit back and muse "what is it that I really think/feel about that"...chances to combine knowledge, reason and compassion with a healthy dose of good humour.

Sometimes, I find I really learn - e.g. from Setanta on history topics - or find someone who summarises my views almost before I've formed them myself - e.g. Sozobe on most topics!

I tend to respond to many more threads than I create...and it's the best possible distraction on dull days at work.

KP
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 12:56 am
So, Any other threads you like to recommend?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 05:52 am
My alltime favorite thread:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1789
We were having a great time reminiscing about anti war protests and civil rights demonstrations mainly in the 60s and early 70s.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 06:02 am
Edgar's spontaneous poems thread has given me a lot of reading pleasure. I love a lot of the original writing here, especially when the thread is something of a workshop as well as a place to post. Food and drink is a given for me, I like interesting things in General, or goofiness on waggery.com. I pop into relationships and marriage, philosophy and debate, and religion and spirituality (although not too often these days). I tend to avoid politics as most of the posts focus on American politics, and I'm not American, and not terribly informed beyond what I read in the media, which is always biased one way or the other. I prefer to just read the politics threads and laugh to myself at how everything must fit into one of two polarized compartments. Sigh...I may participate in the future, should Americans learn to think outside the box. Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 07:19 am
edgarblythe wrote:
My alltime favorite thread:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1789
We were having a great time reminiscing about anti war protests and civil rights demonstrations mainly in the 60s and early 70s.

I missed that one the first time around, edgar. It looks really interesting. I'm bookmarking to read at a more suitable time. (It's heading for midnight here & I have to get up early.) Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 07:26 am
I like anything creative, science, art, even cavs really gross questions. I get suckered into every evolution/creation thread (but I can hope that theres less of em cause I really need to work for a living)
STuff I would like to see includes gardening, woodworking, road trips, . I love when a thread gets hijacked and gets downright silly. Laughter is good.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 07:35 am
Gross questions? Well I never...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 07:42 am
May I paraphrase from a recent cav query?
What are some foods that are great going down but murder , er... exiting?

Do you deny this thread sir?
Well a simple yes or no will suffice?
actually that last line was not really a question I panicked when i added a question mark.

MY ALL TIME FAVORITE THREAD IS A CAV THREAD.

viz

"Nothing sez Merry Christmas like a good sea shanty"

Having missed the holiday connetion in that statement, I still enjoyed all the sea shanties and discussions regarding the types and examples of said types. I just wish I had the music , I keep doin em to rap beats.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 07:52 am
The sea shanty thread has been mildly revived via edgarblythe's 'songs that tell stories' thread. I do not deny starting that discussion about foods that don't 'heal', but our bodily functions are normal, so therefore only gross if it's someone else using your toilet. MY discussion was about personal experiences, hence, not gross. Laughing
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 10:47 am
what everrr
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 07:26:34