A2K - Your favourite threads & forums .. & why?

msolga

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 07:39 pm
I was just thinking about A2K - probably because I'm online right now! - And I came to the conclusion that I often use it for relaxation & pleasure. As much as I'm fascinated by, say, politics I find my daily fix of Oz-generated politics enough for me. Though I do read some threads to get the latest information from other countries.
So for me, it's cat talk, food talk, people issues, following up the concerns & issues of A2Kers I've grown to know & like, book talk, film talk ....

So I'm curious to know what drives your A2K interests. Which forums/threads do you gravitate towards?
And could you name a thread that you've really become engrossed in? Just curious! Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,268 • Replies: 51
No top replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 07:55 pm
This is difficult. But I must admit my first true love is the art forum. However, I any forum will do.

Why I like the Art Forum the best is because it is where my main interests are.

I like all the forums because of the humor and intelligent people who can make any topic interesting and fun.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 07:56 pm
OK, I'll start.
If I'm in need of a laugh I'll see dlowan, gus or slappy's threads in the "new posts" & check them out.
I will often check out BBB's political posts for information on developments in the US that aren't covered as well here in Oz.
I have an aversion to the many recent religous threads, which just aren't what I'm interested in, at all.
Right now I'm really enjoying Clary's travell thread so's I can see how she's faring & enjoy some vicarious travel adventures.
One of my very favourite past threads was Roberta's Hebonics thread, which was hilarious & very clever! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 07:57 pm
You beat me to it, Joanne! Very Happy
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 08:02 pm
I scan New Questions every day, but my favorite Forum is "General"--I have a kinship with questions that don't fit elsewhere.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 08:04 pm
A favourite past or present thread, Noddy?
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 08:07 pm
I like anyone asking for advice. And I like lying to them. But I'm a nice guy, so I justify that it's okay. Smile
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 08:09 pm
My favorite forums? The English forum. Why? I love the language, and I like to help others with it. Also, we get some fun stuff going on there occasionally. I also like the Film forum. I get to do a lot of venting in the TV forum. Things that tick me off become threads. I enjoy the Pets and Garden forum. No garden interests, but I have a pet, and I like to hear about others. I also like the general forum--you never know what you're gonna find.

I steer clear of politics and anything involving debate or disagreement, although I occasionally read a thread or two in philosophy or general politics. Although I'm an avid reader, I've rarely posted in the Books forum. Why? Dunno.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 08:10 pm
My favorite forums? The English forum. Why? I love the language, and I like to help others with it. Also, we get some fun stuff going on there occasionally. I also like the Film forum. I get to do a lot of venting in the TV forum. Things that tick me off become threads. I enjoy the Pets and Garden forum. No garden interests, but I have a pet, and I like to hear about others. I also like the general forum--you never know what you're gonna find.

I steer clear of politics and anything involving debate or disagreement, although I occasionally read a thread or two in philosophy or general politics. Although I'm an avid reader, I've rarely posted in the Books forum. Why? Dunno.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 08:15 pm
SCoates wrote:
I like anyone asking for advice. And I like lying to them. But I'm a nice guy, so I justify that it's okay. Smile

I don't think your advice harms anyone, SC, so not to worry! Very Happy
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 08:16 pm
Just checked my last 100 posts.
The outlook is not as broad as I expected:

International News - 37%
Politics - 22%
Europe - 7%
Music & Lyrics - 6%
Sports and Fitness - 5%
South America - 5%
General - 5%
Film - 3%
Trivia and Word Games - 3%
Other Languages - 3%
Philosophy and Debate - 3%
Science & Math - 2%
TV - 2%
Books - 1%
Computers - 1%
Riddles - 1%
Travel and Culture - 1%

I just hope it adds to 100.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 08:21 pm
Roberta wrote:

Yes indeed, Roberta, there are some excellent language threads. But (confession time! Embarrassed ) I sometimes feel/know my English usage is on the sloppy side & feel threatened by all the knowledgable contributions! I will use the SpellCheck before I send this! Laughing

Any favourite threads you'd like to recommend?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 08:23 pm
fbaezer

What an amazingly well rounded person you are! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 08:27 pm
I was just thinking: As well as naming a thread that you've really appreciated, why not supply a link? There are lots of new folk here who might be interested in checking out some new & old threads. And we might just catch up with something we missed. What do you think?
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 08:27 pm
My favorite is the art forum. It has a lot of knowledgeable people and people who care about art.

I also like the philosophy and debate, spirituality and religion, and politics forums, although the topics can get kind of redundant. (You know, evolution, defining various religious labels, problems with observation, and bush bashing/party bashing.)

I also like the joke forum. Got to have my daily joke.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 08:40 pm
I took me ages to find this. (there's got to be an easier way!) Anyway, here's a great thread that remains one of my A2K favourites!

HEBONICS:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10418
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 08:49 pm
Portal Star wrote:
My favorite is the art forum. It has a lot of knowledgeable people and people who care about art.

Any particular thread you'd recommend, Portal Star?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 09:09 pm
I like the threads (in any topic) that fulfill the purpose of this site: "ask questions, get answers".

When people get the help they need I get all misty eyed and break down and cry. Seriously. Monger helped someone with spyware and I wept for a fortnight.

I see the chatty threads as a necessary evil (keeps people entertained until they find a question to answer).
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 09:16 pm
Laughing

But don't you enjoy the odd discussion as well, Craven?
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 09:29 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A2K - Your favourite threads & forums .. & why?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 07:40:40