Subway Sleepers

ehBeth

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 11:20 am
try the bloor-danforth line at 7:15 a.m., K e v i n. Snoozers, snorers and droopers abound.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 12:47 pm
In the 60's, vets who had recently returned from Vietnam tended to wake up suddenly ready to hit, karate chop or kick. The few times I was next to one, I sat quietly and let them sleep. Besides, I was young, they were usually young and cute so letting sleep on my shoulder wasn't a hardship. They slept while I dreamed.....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 02:12 pm
aHA! Another bad girl! (It was nice, wasn't it, Diane?!)
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 11:53 pm
Now that I've been thinking about it, I've seen many a person jerk awake, rush out of the BART train, and to the other side of the platform to catch the train going back the other way because they missed their stop.

I was lucky. My stop was the end of the line. Not only did I get 50 minutes to sleep on the way home, but if I did oversleep, they'd generally wake me up. Sitting in the back car does have it's advantages.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 02:06 am
I stab them repeatedly. Or lightly nudge.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 02:21 am
The real problem is not the sleepers, but thier more pestilent cousins - the stealth farters, currie reekers, the angry homeless men, the whale-who-sits-beside-you, etc.

Also, the inane converstaions that fill the air. Yesterday, two girls beside me, on a public transit bus: "My brother, is, like, you know, sorta stupid and stuff but not really, and he wants to like, go to college, and I'm like, yeah riiight."

I realized the buses they were used to travelling on are much smaller, so I restrained myself.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 02:39 am
Linkat wrote:
Whenever I give a slight nudge, they just sort of shake awake and after a minute go back to sleep and start leaning on me again. I like some of these other inventive ideas. Although the falling in the aisle might not work as I am only liable to send the sleeper into the lap another passenger. I will have to carry a marker with me for next time.

I don’t know where to buy a cattle prod, any suggestions? Also is it small enough to carry in a purse? Remember you are talking to a city girl.

Many stores in Omaha carry the cattle prods. Have you tried Omaha? Question Question
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 04:04 am
I once took the Tri-Rail back from Fort Lauderdale after an all night bender and was "the sleeper" Embarrassed . I awoke to an uncommonly rude transit authority person demanding to see my ticket. (I should note that for the first 5 or 10 minutes of consciousness I am without doubt the stupidest man alive) At first I couldn't find my ticket, but after searching feverishly (all the while getting the "sure you have a ticket look") I handed it to him, only to have him tell me it wasn't valid and that I'd have to get off the train at the next stop (Boca Raton). Furious, I paced back and forth on the platform waiting for a human being from Tri-Rail to answer the phone. Evil or Very Mad Boy I oughtta... Just as they picked up the phone, and I'm letting their poor rep have it Evil or Very Mad , the mind fog slowly began to lift. I noticed it was way too light outside to have only traveled from Fort to Boca and.….. was the train I had departed heading south? Confused I had apparently taken it as far North as it goes and back. Shocked Kinda took the steam out of my complaint. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 04:22 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
I once took the Tri-Rail back from Fort Lauderdale after an all night bender and was "the sleeper" Embarrassed . I awoke to an uncommonly rude transit authority person demanding to see my ticket. (I should note that for the first 5 or 10 minutes of consciousness I am without doubt the stupidest man alive) At first I couldn't find my ticket, but after searching feverishly (all the while getting the "sure you have a ticket look") I handed it to him, only to have him tell me it wasn't valid and that I'd have to get off the train at the next stop (Boca Raton). Furious, I paced back and forth on the platform waiting for a human being from Tri-Rail to answer the phone. Evil or Very Mad Boy I oughtta... Just as they picked up the phone, and I'm letting their poor rep have it Evil or Very Mad , the mind fog slowly began to lift. I noticed it was way too light outside to have only traveled from Fort to Boca and.….. was the train I had departed heading south? Confused I had apparently taken it as far North as it goes and back. Shocked Kinda took the steam out of my complaint. Rolling Eyes

Christ, thats rough.

A few months ago, my crew basically took over an entire club (Alto Basso) and turned it into our private playground - only people we knew got in. From what I hear, it was a legendary time. Unfortunately, I was bartending, and by the time things got going I had drank more than all of the patrons combined.

The last thing I remember is stumbling onto the subway early in the morning. I woke up cuddling a bush five hours later on the opposite end of the city. Whats more, there are no subways in that area, and its still a mystery how I got there.

I was caked in crusted vomit. My cellphone was gone. I had no money. It took several hours to get home. I stumbled from bus to subway, from subway to bus, without paying. Each step was a tremendous effort. The transit people must have taken pity on me, because they allowed me to ride without paying, and a bus driver even made sure to rouse me from my uncounsciousness at my stop. The silver lining: I did, however, manage to hang on to couple bottles of rum throughout the whole ordeal.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 04:28 am
Yikes,... that's rougher!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 07:13 am
Quote:
Also, the inane converstaions that fill the air. Yesterday, two girls beside me, on a public transit bus: "My brother, is, like, you know, sorta stupid and stuff but not really, and he wants to like, go to college, and I'm like, yeah riiight."

I realized the buses they were used to travelling on are much smaller, so I restrained myself.

i never commute without headphones for that very reason.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 11:19 am
Omaha is a long way to travel for a cattle prod. I'll try ebay. I wonder if they are legal in Mass.

Wow some tough travel experiences. I did once fall asleep waiting for the train. In my younger days, I went out for an after work party. I realized what time it was and ran for my train, just missed it and I did not have another for over an hour. I sat on the uncomfortable seats and promptly fell asleep. Next thing I heard was "…..last call for midnight train to …." Just caught it. Seeing it was the last train of the night I was quite relieved. Otherwise, I might have had a night like IronLion.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 03:27 pm
Guess What! I found it a cattle prod on ebay that will fit in my purse. Currently on $39.64. Looks like I am in business. No more droolers on my shoulder.

This is a brand new Hot Shot Power-Mite Hand Held Cattle Prod. The Power-Mite (PM) is the perfect hand-held prod for anyone doing close-in work. Makes a great second prod that easily fits into your pocket. 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty. This product lists for $50.00. Buy it from us today and SAVE!

And another… Wasp stock prod. Very powerful and compact. Uses "C" size alkaline cells. Very popular for many uses. Unfortunately it says …This item is NOT a toy and should ONLY be used on animals for coaxing or moving them. " But isn't a person an animal and I am only coaxing them to get off my shoulder.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 11:59 pm
Does that cattle prod come with a lawyer? I can just see the lawsuits now. . . Wink
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 12:20 am
Equus wrote:
Just pull out your magic marker and write "DO NOT FALL ASLEEP ON THE SUBWAY" on his/her forehead and face. Try to do it backwards so they'll be able to read it in the mirror. Indelible markers are better.

*LOL*
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 12:29 am
IronLionZion: I'm having a problem believing one of your posts. Either the one in this thread, or this one.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 12:31 am
Linkat wrote:
Guess What! I found it a cattle prod on ebay that will fit in my purse. Currently on $39.64. Looks like I am in business. No more droolers on my shoulder.

This is a brand new Hot Shot Power-Mite Hand Held Cattle Prod. The Power-Mite (PM) is the perfect hand-held prod for anyone doing close-in work. Makes a great second prod that easily fits into your pocket. 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty. This product lists for $50.00. Buy it from us today and SAVE!

And another… Wasp stock prod. Very powerful and compact. Uses "C" size alkaline cells. Very popular for many uses. Unfortunately it says …This item is NOT a toy and should ONLY be used on animals for coaxing or moving them. “ But isn’t a person an animal and I am only coaxing them to get off my shoulder.

Will your home owner's insurance cover you, should the "sleeper" decide to sue you? Cool
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 12:47 am
caprice wrote:
IronLionZion: I'm having a problem believing one of your posts. Either the one in this thread, or this one.

If your talking about the adolescent stupidity I exhibited that night, then I agree. Although, I wish you'd stop yanking at my sleeves with these vieled insults. Or make them more entertaining.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 12:05 pm
I thought, I must share this pic here :wink:

http://solo2.abac.com/themole/subrun.gif

Btw: some really nice links about subways are to be found at The Subway Webring
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 01:01 pm
IronLionZion: I'm not being insulting. I'm just wondering which post is truth and which is a lie.

Oh, by the way, here's your avatar. Mr. Green

http://images.google.ca/images?q=tbn:9zNZaoVuK00J:www.angelfire.com/tv/glide/img/annoyed.jpg
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Subway Sleepers
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 01:16:29