timur

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 12:14 pm
Dale wrote:
That is, briefly, given an infinite Universe whether anything that can happen, will happen, and if so, whether simultaneously

That's covered by Murphy's law
dalehileman

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2013 12:38 pm
@timur,
Tim I'd be inclined to disagree but only to the extent that Murphy's is a corollary of Dale's
0 Replies

akaMechsmith

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 10:10 am
There are several books that more or less refute the BB Theory.

Search Amazon for " The Big Bang Never Happened"

There are several books listed on the page by variously qualified persons sounding the horn for various types of universes.

Absolute knowledge is reserved for the religious, perhaps sadly so!
dalehileman

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2013 10:26 am
@akaMechsmith,
Quote:
The Big Bang Never Happened
Thank you Mech for that link

However I can't see how its occurrence or non-would bear on the basic q. Supposing each successive BB is a new start with differing results, there still exists the chance of repetition except fewer in each instance and separated by greater spans of time
0 Replies

akaMechsmith

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 09:43 am
Since in an infinite universe there would also be an infinite number of differing possibilities the chances of this one coming around again are pretty slim. We probably will never have this conversation again. But it's possible!
dalehileman

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2013 11:32 am
@akaMechsmith,
Mech you have reflected exactly my basic q, does the prop have any mathematical basis

Infinity after all is pretty big
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Infinity revisited
  3. » Page 4
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 06:22:28