Hair darkening disaster I need help ASAP

Reply Mon 20 May, 2013 07:17 am
So my name is Kristina Innemee and I have always had bad luck with hairdressers! They never ever ever seem to actually listen to me then they always ruin what I have going on.

I was blonde and wanted to go back to my natural colour. I had been growing my hair for like 3 months and had it darkened by my boyfriends dad about 3 weeks ago, who is a hairdresser, but he is Italian and a senior.

The first job he did was okay but my hair went kind of grey. Plus he didn't dye my re growth just the parts that were blonde which is what I wanted. This time I asked him to do the same just put a little gold in it so it wasnt grey.

He went right for my 3 month old regrowth that I had worked so hard to keep, which is now orange, and my hair is still greyish.

i have a photo shoot this week and a music video this weekend! what the heck do I do?? Will purple shampoo get rid of my re growth if I try and keep it off my ends???

Please help me!!!

Thank you, Kristina
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,559 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 20 May, 2013 07:28 am
@Kristinainnemee,
Personally, I would buy a strap on beak and live as a parrot for a month or two, until your hair grows back properly.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 20 May, 2013 07:41 am
@Kristinainnemee,
Go to a salon recommended by a friend who has a haircut or color combo that you like. Be prepared to spend some serious bucks and also be prepared for this to take a while. When you are making the appointment, explain, calmly, that you are trying to go darker and you need for the current color to be stripped out thoroughly. This should be explained up front so that they give you an appointment with the owner or someone very experienced, and not a new stylist.

Bring a photo with you of the color you want. And continue to be calmly assertive about what you want. "I have old color that I need stripped out so that my hair can be darkened, like in this picture." Then show the picture.

You need to be clear about what you want, not all over the place, not panicky and not going off on a tangent. And for God's sake, if it doesn't turn out like you want it to be, tell the hairdresser that you're unhappy. "This is not what I wanted. As we discussed, I wanted the old color stripped out and for it to be darkened to the color in the picture." Show the picture again if you must.

But do listen, as you might be told that it's not possible or that it will take a while or whatever. If you say you want, I dunno, the shade that Megan Fox has http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/af/Megan_Fox_LF.jpg/170px-Megan_Fox_LF.jpg but you are told that you can only get what Jennifer Garner has http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2011/database/111010/jennifer-garner-300.jpg then make up your mind whether that's acceptable.
0 Replies