Chihuahua........Have any stories?

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 10:34 am
I am looking for people who have had some good or even not so good experience with a Chihuahua. Any legends,myth or funny jokes...
My next documentary will be called Chihuahua... Rolling Eyes PLUS all persons assisiting get a real credit on the movie. Laughing Cool Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,844 • Replies: 18
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 10:55 am
Is that like Che Wow Wow?
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 11:17 am
I saw this guy walking a chiwawa puppy near the grocery store. It was so small it couldn't step over grates or get up on the curb. The guy had to lift it over this tiny stuff, which was hilarious with it being nervous and barking. He didn't seem very pleased with it either, especially not when people started laughing at him.

Did you know Chihuahua's have health problems? AKC Chihuahua page

There is also a great song by the sugarcubes about chihuahuas. It gets stuck in your head. CHIwawawawawa...

There is also Chihuahua the location Chihuahua, Mexico
0 Replies

K e v i n

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 12:20 pm
They look more like rats then dogs, and I bet there are plenty of places in the world where an average sized rat could step on a ChiwAWA
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 08:03 pm
I DON'T think I like your tone
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 08:08 pm
When I grew up, the couple across the street, the Monks, had two chihuahuas - Timmy and Tammy.

Trying to remember things about Timmy and Tammy.

There's a Pom-Chi living behind us (Pomeranian-Chihuahua cross, and not the best of either)
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 11:45 pm
They're the epitome of the chip-on-the-shoulder, short-guy syndrome. My daughter's mother has a chihuahua among a menagerie of other dogs, cats and farm animals. Once when she, the chihuahua, Chica, didn't get her way, she bolted out the door to pick on the turkeys, and chased them clear around the yard. The nerve.

But with people she's the meekest animal you've ever seen, aside from their Great Pyrenees, Badger, that is.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 12:40 am
I have a friend who I sometimes mention on a2k though I cannot nudge him into posting past the one time - who happens to have recently done a rescue dog thing for two, count them, two, corgi-chihuahuas.

Little did I believe him, but I can kind of see it from the photos. They are smaller than Beloved Pacco, which brings to mind, how did this happen???

My mind wanders..
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 10:14 am
The kid and I sometimes go to the pet store for some puppy snuggles. This time the one that caught my eye was a tiny black and tan doggie, looked bright and perky. Got him, took him to the little enclosure, he was just such a sweetheart! Very playful, snuggly, kept wanting to lick sozlet's face and my face. Sozlet was laughing pretty much non-stop. Hard to give him back. :-(

(If we get a dog, it won't be from a pet store.) (Just had a duh moment -- I used to go and play with/ walk Humane Society animals, but the last one I went to said they didn't allow it. Only if you planned to actually adopt. So that's when we got into the pet store habit instead, but I haven't checked the local HS yet.)

Anyway... asked the pet store gal what kind of dog it was, not sure what I was expecting but was floored when she said it was a chihuahua. Pure bred and everything. It was so much smarter and sweeter than I expected. Really liked that little guy.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 10:55 am
When I was 9 years old we inherited a Chihuaha named Sammy and he was an S.O.B. I suffered pleny of painful bites before he bit a lawyer's kid and was put down under threat of a law suit
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 10:11 pm
They are indeed an alarm force unto themselves. I have never met a dog that didn,t think twice about attacking them.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2005 03:02 pm
it was a dark and stormy night in august 2002 when i heard the hounds howl outside my door. i rushed to see what was the matter and noticed a small black creature under my car. thinking it a cat, i retuned to the warmth of my house. yet the kuvasz pack persisted in their call to alarm. returning to the driveway i leaned over to see that which i though was a cat was a very small, shivering, dog. i crawled under the car and picked her up and carried her into the house and dried her off. she was 2.8 pounds in weight according the vet who saw her the next day. after i dried her off i feed her some small pieces of meat and she snuggled up next to my chin and fell asleep.

i named her "Little Bit (the little bitty dog)"

and have composed for her a song we sing around the kuvasz ranch.

Little Bit, Little Bit, she's the one!
Little Bit Little Bit, having fun!
Making friends along the way!
And waging her tail every day!

http://home.mindspring.com/~fcalaja/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/littlebitchair101702abc.jpg

she's asleep on my lap as i type, and has grown to 8 pounds, which i suspect makes her an apple-head kuvasz
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2005 03:11 pm
sozobe wrote:
(Just had a duh moment -- I used to go and play with/ walk Humane Society animals, but the last one I went to said they didn't allow it. Only if you planned to actually adopt. So that's when we got into the pet store habit instead, but I haven't checked the local HS yet.)

Your local HS/pet rescue (trying to recall name, lost the link in the puter collapse) is generally looking for walkers. I was trying to get the lad to go out there.

Kuvasz - yer lil bit looks like bait for yer big critters. I guess you must be one powerful alpha.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2005 04:20 pm
Nice one Ku ! I love the song as well a real classic as far as I can tell. Hi ehBeth I almost did multiple dog walking duriing my brief living time in NYC.I decided not to in the end because of all the bonds I had to file for the little critters.
0 Replies

grannymaude

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 11:20 am
Re: Chihuahua........Have any stories?
I have 3yr old chihuahua that wil chase anything of any size. One day she was chasing a rabbit and the rabbit stopped running. Sassy ran into the rabbit which then jumped straight up in the air! The dog was scared and jumped also and then ran as fast as she could to the door. Also her father was 19 yrs old when she was born and still alive 22!
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 04:28 pm
OUCHyyyy
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 11:09 am
Chihuahua has not got the interest of my producer.Lets make this chihuahua headquarters.All people who want a credit on the doc just send in your over and above chihuahua info.Thanks so very much.
0 Replies

chachasmom

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 10:26 am
I'm a new member and saw the word CHIHUAHUA and it got my attention. I have a 5 yr. old, mixed coat (bad hair), 3 lb. baby girl. ChaCha Maria Consuela Marguarita. She was born on May 5, 2000 Cinco de Mayo. She is more than rotten. If there is kissing going on she thinks she must be in the middle of it. If I'm holding her and my boyfriend leans toward me to kiss me she pops her tiny little head up between us. She adores him as well. Once I was laying on the floor and she layed down with her head across my mouth so she would get any kisses that might be coming my way. If you tell her "lay down for kisses" she literally flops down on her side and rolls belly and chin up waiting for her kisses. She thinks she is a Rottweiller sometimes and barks and scratches off like she is the queen of her backyard. She chases all squirrels and birds and when they run or fly away she prances around and scratches off like she is so proud of herself. Once she chased a bird that was unable to fly away and as she ran up to it she almost ran into it. She came to a screeching halt, turned her sweet little head around and lloked up at me with a look on her face that clearly said "Ok, this has never happened before. Now what do I do?" She is just adorable-much cutier than those "rich puppies" of Britney Spears or Paris Hilton!
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 03:33 pm
Hey Arf arf arf for this reply chachasmon.Your on the list of possible situations to film.Stay tuned..
0 Replies