Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 10:36 pm
I am not certain if this is where this ought to be posted. Here is a beautiful site about the beatniks in pre 60s and beyond. Worth the trip just for the photo of Bob Dylan and Allen Ginsburg at Jack kerouac's grave. THE BEATS
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,348 • Replies: 9
No top replies

littlek

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 10:48 pm
That's really cool!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 10:50 pm
Great link ... thanks. I almost feel like doing a websearch for a retailer with a selection of berets and turtlenecks.

timber
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 10:51 pm
awsome!! now find one of Jack Cassady and perhaps Alan Watts
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 07:12 am
I once dated a (not famous) beatnik. He used to go to work in jeans and plaid shirts, and wore a beard, which was pretty radical well before "casual Fridays" were in vogue.

On our first date we went a Chinese restaurant. He took away my fork, and insisted that I eat with chopsticks. Said something about "enjoying the whole experience". I had no idea how to eat with chopsticks. But my hunger got the best of me, and by the end of the meal, I knew how to use the darn things.

That lesson has stood me in good stead. I still eat Chinese food with chopsticks. I can't seem to enjoy the food any other way!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 07:23 am
Heck yeay. I even try to drink my soup using chopsticks.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 10:31 am
Mmmmm. Chopsticks.

Some charismatic dudes. I had an acting teacher who was still miffed that, long ago, when Gary Snyder crashed on her floor in Santa Rosa he didn't make a move on her, even though she was a lesbian...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 12:52 pm
Apparently there was something of a connection to Northport, NY, which is close to where my folks live. Some of the poets did their work there. See: http://www.poetrybay.com/summer2001/summ2001_20.html

Those who know my real last name will notice a couple of my relatives mentioned on that page.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 05:57 pm
Thanks, Jespah
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 07:21 pm
Wonderful link, Jespah. Thank you very much.

timber.
0 Replies