MEMORIES OF RAIN

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 09:02 pm
It was perfect moody weather. Orangy rust maple leaves clung to my car while droplets of clear rain danced on the hard surface, flowing in angular trails to find refuge at some lower point. I could see my breath in little puffs of train mist. My nose felt Christmasy, dripping occasionally.

I snuggled into my faded green sleeping bag while adjusting my head so I could see the small black and white TV. The Redskins were behind. The Cowboys were a machine today, marching down the field with much gusto. Ah yes, this old trailer was my cave for today. No one to bother me. I had the park to myself; most of the rangers had left with the change of seasons.
A wonderful day.
..........................................................................................................

Our front poach was eight to ten feet of concrete, elevated to five feet above the ground. A metal glider with waterproof pillows filled the space beneath the wide windows. Whenever it rained, I would kick the glider into full swing, sweeping out into the raindrops. Reveling to the cool sting of the droplets, I eagerly kicked again and again.
If there was thunder, aaaah......, that.. is another thread.

We would like to read your memories.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,370 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2002 10:01 pm
I guess I don't have a lot of positive memories of rain because, I confess, I'm fairly chicken when it comes to lightning and thunder. It's just the random power of it, I think. Hmm.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2002 10:09 pm
I was in summer camp, about 12 years old, and we were going to go on our first camping trip in a tent. We went to a beautiful state park in the mountains.

We had started to set up. and all of a sudden, it started to rain, HARD. Two of my friends were twin sisters. We were all soaking wet, and all of a sudden, there was a huge clap of thunder, and streaks of lightening. One of the twins started to cry, put her arms around her twin, and sobbed,

"I want to die with my sister".

I was amused by the whole thing. To me it was a great, big adventure. After about an hour, the bus came to take us back. We were muddy, soaked and shivering. I was certain that we would all come down with pneumonia, but no one even got a cold!
0 Replies