Anybody Remember Warrant?

kickycan

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 10:36 pm
That Van Halen thing might be cool. I never saw them. Is it worth it without David Lee Roth? Tough call. Even with Sammy, it's still gotta be pretty good though, right? Does he do any of the "Dave" songs?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 07:40 am
kickycan wrote:
That Van Halen thing might be cool. I never saw them. Is it worth it without David Lee Roth? Tough call. Even with Sammy, it's still gotta be pretty good though, right? Does he do any of the "Dave" songs?

No Dave songs...they suck as is......I wouldn't go if they were giving away free cocaine......not like I even know what that stuff looks like......
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 07:58 am
Sammy needs the coin, apparently he is broke. I heard an interview with this dude who wrote a small book on the history of metal. He says that while metal wouldn't exist without Zeppelin, it was Sabbath who blew the doors wide open, and later, bands like Priest and Motorhead picked it up. Now...on his top metal album list, AC/DC's Back in Black was number one. Any thoughts?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 08:17 am
cavfancier wrote:
Sammy needs the coin, apparently he is broke. I heard an interview with this dude who wrote a small book on the history of metal. He says that while metal wouldn't exist without Zeppelin, it was Sabbath who blew the doors wide open, and later, bands like Priest and Motorhead picked it up. Now...on his top metal album list, AC/DC's Back in Black was number one. Any thoughts?

Unquestionably a good call and let's don't forget the first three Sabbath, led zep 1 and 2, British Steel,Hell Bent For Leather, Screaming For Venegance, Machine Head, And Justice For All, Peace Sells...But Who's Buying, man don't get me started.......
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 08:18 am
cavfancier wrote:

Unquestionably a good call and let's don't forget the first three Sabbath, led zep 1 and 2, British Steel,Hell Bent For Leather, Screaming For Venegance, Machine Head, And Justice For All, Peace Sells...But Who's Buying, man don't get me started.......
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 08:23 am
And Justice For All is my all time favourite Metallica album...the rythyms almost sound like Stravinsky. I really thought they were going somewhere with that. Sad what happened after...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 08:36 am
They've still done a lot of good work but not consistently.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 09:27 am
Anybody seen Metallica lately? I'm going to see them in three weeks! Can't wait!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 09:31 am
Yes is coming around here the same time as Metallica and I'm spending my discretionary money on them.

Not only am I a metal head, I'm a big prog rocker.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 09:45 am
I would love to see Metallica. Sigh.
0 Replies

xIRONxMAIDENx

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 06:10 pm
neither, im from cleveland ohio
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 06:19 pm
i grew up in akron but lived a short time in cleveland in the rocky river section of town...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 08:54 pm
cavfancier wrote:

I like the way that guy thinks! What's his book called?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 09:17 pm
Oh my god, remember AC/DC? I f*cking loved that ****. That's a band I wish I could have seen. Anyone remember Bon Scott?

See me ride out of the sunset
On your colour TV screen
Out for all that I can get
If you know what I mean
Women to the left of me
And women to the right
Ain't got no gun
Ain't got no knife
But don't you start no fight

CHORUS:
'Cause I'm T.N.T. I'm dynamite
T.N.T. and I'll win the fight
T.N.T. I'm a power load
T.N.T. watch me explode

I'm dirty, mean and mighty unclean
I'm a wanted man
Public enemy number one
Understand
So lock up your daughter
Lock up your wife
Lock up your back door
And run for your life
The man is back in town
Don't you mess me 'round

Cause I'm T.N.T.
I'm dynamite
T.N.T.
And I'll win the fight,
T.N.T.
I'm a power load
T.N.T.
Watch me explode
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 09:26 pm
I saw them, but it was the sink the pink tour - notso timely.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 09:42 pm
:LOL: Sorry to hear that.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 09:45 pm
It was still AC/DC (minus Bon Scott).
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 09:49 pm
Did Angus moon the crowd?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 10:03 pm
I think so. I didn't tend to go to the shows with all of my faculties functioning at 100%.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 10:09 pm
I saw metalicka last summer...they were damn good.
0 Replies