We are all like little children who often say: "Mom, Dad, leave me alone, I want to be on my own".

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 05:31 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

I do, nevertheless feel fuckin awesome, in general though.

That's odd since usually folks with as shitty an attitude as yours are pretty miserable.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 05:41 pm
@maxdancona,
I don't know. I don't see the insult, or I don't see why one should be taken. Lots of atheists insinuate that people who believe in God are like children who believe in the Tooth Fairy. I suppose they may be intending to insult but who the hell cares?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 01:35 pm
@Leaffan,
Quote:
We are all like fair weather individualists who often say: "Government, leave me alone, I want to be on my own". But when trouble comes they cry: "Government, help me!"

fixed
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 03:51 pm
@Leaffan,
I would definitely focus on a crossword puzzle.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 04:05 pm
@Leaffan,
Leaffan wrote:

In a few seconds the gas masks will be dropped. Press them tightly against your face. We are beginning to go down."

I call bullshit. No airline pilot in the history of aviation would have called an oxygen mask a gas mask. This is equivalant to the story I heard in the fifth grade proving the literal truth of the bible. You know, the one about Adam and Eve? How women ever since have had one more rib than men? Ah well, if you still believe it and are too fat to count ribs, I'm not going to try to change your mind.
chai2

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 04:52 pm
@roger,
oh Snap, I missed that Roger.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 03:42 pm
@Leaffan,
It's a popular analogy. Not a very good one though. Children eventually grow up becomming the father/mother. Maybe that's what we've done. We've outgrown our childhood and need for 'father' and have become fathers and mothers ourselves? Smile
0 Replies

think rethink

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 12:54 pm
@Leaffan,
Definitely, I wouldn't turn to a mom/dad, with the bloody cruel sadistic historical bihavior of the one you claim to have almost brought your plane down, and actually did literally bring down many others.

I would continue to tell them to leave me alone until my final moment.

I actually was facing death in a horrific and agonizing form in the wilderness a few months back,

I begun rejecting my religious programming less then three years ego.

Still I was empowered enough to tell your God part of my emotions was still clinging to,

To go and drown in his own diharea and similar stuff while still certain that I will meet that mf shortly, on the chance that your claim of his existence turns out truthful.

This kind of mom, had no right to bear a child, and is a harm for its children.
0 Replies

Thomas33

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 11:23 am
Reality is dependence. The world however consists of politics and nations because of there being a general state of wanting to not accept this truth. US politicians sing the praises of making their country "independent of foreign oil", treating the ability of not needing to deal with others as a virtue.

The problem however with attacking this reality is a risk of reverse standard: if I criticise an elected representative for using such quoted language, I run the risk of appearing to condone the idea that dealing with others being a virtue means that the division required by "deals" and "others" is a virtue, when in reality I don't mean that at all.

Nations need to be ended, as do all the causes of nations, because until they are people will always be confronted with dilemmas and conundrums.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 10:49 am
@Leaffan,
I've lived a pretty good life. I'm now 81, and have traveled this world, having visited 85 countries in over 200 trips. I have friends in many countries. I have organized several a2k gatherings in San Francisco, Houston, Austin, New York City, London, Germany, Mexico City, and Moscow. All my siblings are Christians, but I'm an atheist married to a Buddhist.
Many of my work associates and friends are gone, but luckily, all my family members are still alive.
I know that when my time comes, it comes, but I have no regrets.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2017 02:32 pm
@roger,
It's not only about the ribs. God shouldn't need a rib from another to create another human. That's just silly. I concern myself more with the Bible's age of the earth vs what science has revealed. 7000 year old earth is silly when geologists, anthropologists, and other scientists have provided proof of an older planet earth.
NealNealNeal

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 07:37 pm
@Leaffan,
Atheists do not believe in using spiritual resources. They are limited in their concept of reality. That is a shame.
However, some atheists are worthy of a great deal of respect. Other atheists are not. My responsibility is to present the gospel to them It is also to help with other needs they might have
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 07:49 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
It's not only about the ribs. God shouldn't need a rib from another to create another human

Yeah, that’s probably a mistranslation. Anyone familiar with human anatomy knows that men aren’t missing a rib.

There is only one bone that human males lack that their presumed ancestors have. The Baculum.
NealNealNeal

Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 01:25 pm
@Leadfoot,
There is symbolic meaning to God using the rib. Men and women need each other.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 02:22 pm
@NealNealNeal,
There is probably some symbolic meaning to the missing Baculum too.
But I’m too merry to go into it now. Maybe later.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 02:26 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Actually, when God was talking to Adam in the garden He said "It is not good for man to be alone, I will make a helpmate for you".

Adam said "That's great God, what will she be like?"

God said, "She will be the perfect companion for you. She will be your partner, always patient and kind, helping you when things get tough. She will work with you on your projects. She will always be supportive, never petty or mean."

Adam said "That sounds great God.... but what will it cost me?"

"It will cost you an arm and a leg" replied God.

"Hmmmmm...." said Adam. "That's a bit steep. What can I get for a rib?"
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 02:34 pm
@maxdancona,
God countered “ Any more than That, dear boy, will cost you your balls.”
NealNealNeal

Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 03:20 pm
@Leadfoot,
So, when Adam sinned did God remove Adam's baccula for not using his head?
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 6 May, 2020 05:09 am
@NealNealNeal,
No, I think he did that so that man wouldn’t go around with a woody all the time.

IDK man, I just thought it was an interesting factoid. But now that you mention it, I can think of a few verses that would make sense in light of that.

0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Reply Wed 6 May, 2020 09:47 am
@mark noble,
I a. happy to hear that.
0 Replies