So what the hell does this IQ thing mean anyway?

Wilso

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 01:01 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Just hearing different people talk, some sound smarter than others.

How does that relate to how they write? I sound a lot smarter when I talk than when I try to write it down. I have to edit constantly to prevent coming off as a moron.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 01:19 am
Wilso wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Just hearing different people talk, some sound smarter than others.

How does that relate to how they write? I sound a lot smarter when I talk than when I try to write it down. I have to edit constantly to prevent coming off as a moron.

I was making a plausibility argument that there actually is something to measure which varies from person to person.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 02:55 am
I agree that IQ tests today are not so accurate. I am somewhat intelligent, which mostly reflects in stupid and no-worth things like logic riddles, but I got score of 152 on english test which was not standard one but there were few tasks with not ordinary words for which I have no clue what they mean - that's too much considering the lists they are still using. 120 is above average and I hardly know anyone that has IQ below that. I mean, I probably know few, but way way too less to think that average number is below 120.

Of course, there are always people that can't stop watching Jerry Springer or Dr.Phil, but most of them probably haven't ever take the test so it still doesn't affect average score.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 05:02 am
Da intranet iqueue test says i gots a intelijince of 198.

The last official IQ test I took gave me a score of 172, but quite frankly, I don't put much faith in that. I think intelligence is something we are only starting to wrap our heads around, so to speak. It is interesting that many geniuses just can't seem to get their lives together, or are socially inept. I suppose that's why they developed the EQ test, emotional quotient. There isn't much point in being brilliant if you can't use it to pick up chicks.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 05:05 am
I actually took real test in Mensa (just out of curiousity) and my score was 148, but you are completely right - IQ is helpfull tool, nothing else
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 05:06 am
I qualified for Mensa, but I just thought, hey, I'll bet their parties are really really boring.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 05:09 am
they told me to come again but I was also not interested - border is changing, you have to be in top 2% of all people in the world that took official test and when I was doing it border was 149 Smile but I also think that their parties are really boring Very Happy
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 05:12 am
I never went to a Mensa party, but I always pictured wine in a box, horrid food, and really annoying conversations.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 05:17 am
cavfancier wrote:
I qualified for Mensa, but I just thought, hey, I'll bet their parties are really really boring.

The first couple are interesting.
Seemed to be more of a mutual back slapping club to me.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 05:22 am
Heliotrope wrote:
cavfancier wrote:

The first couple are interesting.
Seemed to be more of a mutual back slapping club to me.

Like the Masons and the Illuminati? Hmm....maybe I should go....
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 05:23 am
cavfancier wrote:
There isn't much point in being brilliant if you can't use it to pick up chicks.

No kidding.
:/
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 05:25 am
cavfancier wrote:
Like the Masons and the Illuminati? Hmm....maybe I should go....

LOL !!!
Tried the Masons and they just want you to spend loads of cash for a form of nebulous 'influence'.
I'd love to give the Illuminati a shot but I can't seem to find their offices. Laughing

Tell you what, how about coming to a Mega Society meeting with me ? We could take a couple of crates of beer, cigars and a bottle of JD and have some fun !
Cool
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 05:28 am
Well, I'd have to fly to the UK. I don't suppose you'd be willing to pay my way. Laughing
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 05:31 am
Damn.
I'd better get out and take some more pictures !
0 Replies