Open letter to Mac revisited

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 12:22 pm
Posting a photo in Mac Mail is a simple matter of copy-then-paste. In a Website forum however, it's an entirely different story. First of all you have to learn the entire Web-Editing vocabulary, then once you've learned how, a study of some two weeks, each transfer--say from iPhoto to a forum posting--requires some 432 keystrokes--by actual count

Why so difficult
Couldn't you make it easier, quick copy-tnen-paste--bingo, all done

http://able2know.org/topic/211581-1#top

Oh Mac: "tnen" isd a misspelling of "then", often caused by the proximity of the "n" to the "h"

Oh, sorry, "proximity" means "closeness". Once you've addressed that editing issue, and I realize it might take months or years, let me tell you about "isd"

timur

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 12:37 pm
Dale wrote:
requires some 432 keystrokes--by actual count

I just counted the keystrokes myself.

With an average e-mail address of 15 letters, you can open an account on imageshack, upload your picture there, copy the direct link, post it on A2K with less than 80 keystrokes.

Which is half of the keystrokes necessary to write this post.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 03:22 pm
@timur,
Thanks Tim, you've once more made my entire day

Incidentally Tim while I have you on the line in the face of my incredible incompetence. Here's one more problem that has turned up with a2k. If you're busy or just don't know I will understand: All at once my screen is upside down so I exit a2k and Safari, then reboot. When I return it's now rightside up but another glitch has appeared in its wake: A black arrowhead above a small blue circle containing a rotating hourglass. Apparently its appearance signifies the loss of our"page up" and "page-down" symbol, usu appearing in the upper or lower lower right corner, now requiring me to scroll whenever I need to get to the bottom

It's pretty persistence, won't go away even if I again exit Safari then reboot. I'm wondering if you know what it means or how how to get rid of it
oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 06:38 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
I'm wondering if you know what it means or how how to get rid of it

It means it's April Fool's Day on A2K.

You get rid of it by waiting until April 2.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 10:58 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
by waiting until April 2
By God Ora you're right, it was gone this morning
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Open letter to Mac revisited
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:03:57