You gotta get yer laughs where you can get 'em!!!

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 12:50 pm
Sometimes you just gotta get your laughs where you can get ‘em.

Here’s one for you:

On February 20th of this year, a guy named ExplosionsHurt made a single post thread here in A2K. http://able2know.org/topic/208852-1

He asked the following question:

Which of the following two statements make the most sense grammatically:

"There was two Mini Cooper parked in front of my house"...

...or...

"there WERE two mini coopers"?

So far there have been 23 pages of responses…with things still going strong! No let-up in sight.

The guys email alerts (if he requested notification) total 444 as of today.

Now for the laugh: Just try picturing this guy looking at all these notifications and wondering, “How the **** can I stop these people?”

I can imagine him trying to disable his computer…or giving up his email account wherever it is. I am sure he has resolved never to ask another question in this forum unless life turns sour and he needs companionship.

Holy Internet excess, Batman.

How do I get out of this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 948 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 12:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

How do I get out of this?

I think he left town in one of or both of the Mini-Coopers!
farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 01:15 pm
@Ragman,
In the Meyers Briggs personality analyses, the whole system is able to determine what people CAN actually make decisions . (the issue of being right or wrong is really secondary in everything except heart surgery and explosives). What I saw in that thread is a collection of real non-decision makers (kinds of people I wouldnt reccomend for any further job interviews).
If someone gets so lost in minutae of such a subject, Imagine what theyd do if you ask em to warn you when an hour is up. "Well, is it an hour from when you started to ask me or when you finished?"

"What do you mean by an Hour?"

Two of the folks caught up in that argument couldnt find their way out of a phone booth

I didnt find it funny
JTT

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 01:27 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
He asked the following question:

Which of the following two statements make the most sense grammatically:

"There was two Mini Cooper parked in front of my house"...

...or...

"there WERE two mini coopers"?

Frank Apisa's response - the guy who was top of the class in language, vocabulary and grammar

"Oh, this oughtta be fun. Just bookmarking. I ain't saying nothin'!"
JTT

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 05:29 pm
@farmerman,
Farmerman the Coward shows up to spin his lies.
nqyringmind

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 07:21 pm
@JTT,
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnLh_3DDl7blMmR3ZRbiPSwnoeBfW-Rm3R4EVJmULyYtjrCZ29
JTT

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 07:36 pm
@nqyringmind,
You sure picked the wrong name, N. You ain't that at all.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 11:20 am
I saw that topic and I did respond, but I also mentioned it seemed more personality driven than actually a grammar issue. I still don't have a clue why it generated so much heat, it's a stumper. Apparently some people have a lot of free time.
JTT

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 11:24 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I still don't have a clue

For you, GB, wrt grammar and how language works, the above is the operative phrase.
0 Replies

nqyringmind

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 04:34 pm
@JTT,
Out of Zoloft AGAIN??!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 10:44 pm
Is JTT posting here? I have him/her on ignore but only because I'm retired and can no longer be financially compensated for handling difficult people. So, if it becomes too much like an involuntary unpaid task, I pick, choose or reject projects that interest or bore me. It's a benny I worked many years to enjoy.
Ice Demon

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 11:02 pm
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 11:04 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I still don't have a clue

Let me repeat it so when you poke your head out of your little hole, you'll see it.

For you, GB, wrt grammar and how language works, the above in the quote box, is the operative phrase.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 01:36 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Is JTT posting here? I have him/her on ignore but only because I'm retired and can no longer be financially compensated for handling difficult people. So, if it becomes too much like an involuntary unpaid task, I pick, choose or reject projects that interest or bore me. It's a benny I worked many years to enjoy.

Great thought!
JTT

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 11:01 am
@margo,
You chickenshits, Margo, who have me on ignore sure do spend an inordinate amount of time talking about me.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 01:23 pm
@margo,
Thanks Margo, no point in wasting time with unpleasant things unless you really must. I'm pretty sure there is nothing on this forum that falls into the "must" category. So, do what you find enjoyable here, real life provides enough challenges.
Ice Demon

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 02:25 pm
@glitterbag,
Me too!!! I just love wasting time talking about some people behind their back, as if they can't hear you. Gossips, you can't live without them.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » You gotta get yer laughs where you can get 'em!!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 06:35:25