How to Move a FISH Tank while Moving?

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 05:45 am
I have to relocate my home and I have a fish tank.So, there are three basic problems in moving the fish.
Where do I put them while we are moving the tank (a week+)?
How do I pack them?
How do I support them while they're being moved?

Mame

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 09:04 am
@laurahunt ,
You fill baggies with aquarium water and put a fish in each; then you empty the tank of the rest of the water and put the baggies inside the tank. You will need to poke holes in the top of the baggies, of course, to supply oxygen. That's how I always did it.
0 Replies

aarenace

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 10:45 pm
@laurahunt ,
Here are some tips that you may find useful while moving your fish tanks.

Fishes are very fragile and sensitive; they might not survive the stress and pressure of the moving. You will always think to give them away to somebody and just get the new ones at your new home. IF your move is short distance which won’t have long driving hours than it might settle as a bit easier for you.
When you have shifted to a new house make sure you bring them down at the last minute, This will give them more time to swim and comfortable in their place, before you put them in the plastic bags for the move.
Remove the water completely from your fish tank. Take all the contents out of the tank and wait for them to dry, make sure you pack everything alone in a different pack when they are dried. Your fish tank should also be dried completely while moving.
Wrap your fish tank with bubble wrap and secure the wrapping with the tape, check carefully that the edges of the tank have a thick layer of the wrap. Do not place anything inside the tank when you pack it as it will damage the glass. The plastic bag in which you have your fish should have enough water and air that your fish gets the adequate amount of oxygen for survival.
Once your fish tank arrives, check that everything is in place and there are no damages before you fill it. Check the temperature of the water to see if this is something that can be tolerated by your fish. Gently and slowly allow you fish to swim inside the tank again, and watch them.
Further, visit theremoval.com which is a Removals directory base site. You can read reviews of people regarding their moving experiences. Hope this article proves fruitful for all of you. Be-careful with your sensitive stuff like this.
0 Replies