0
   

A thread for RL's theories about sociopaths.

 
 
reasoning logic
 
  1  
Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 10:31 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:

RL has a far broader definition, blaming it for all of society's ills.


Do you think I also blame it for infections, birth defects and so on?

Quote:
I doubt very much that anyone outside of RL's mindset would label John Newton a psycho/sociopath


Do you view him as a great London hero?

Quote:
I think his choice of John Newton is so he can have a pop at religion.

No not exactly but rather to have people question who there heroes are.

Quote:
He campaigned against slavery in later because he feared damnation, not because he felt sorry for those he enslaved, therefore he wasn't really displaying any remorse.


You could be correct but I do not know, It is amazing what beliefs can do to a person.
Ice Demon
 
  1  
Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 10:38 am
@izzythepush,
Then it's worse than I thought. People have the right to their own opinion, even if it goes against the nature of what psychology is trying to establish using scientific method.
This is naive as those believe the world is flat.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 11:36 am
@Ice Demon,
Ice Demon wrote:

Then it's worse than I thought. People have the right to their own opinion, even if it goes against the nature of what psychology is trying to establish using scientific method.
This is naive as those believe the world is flat.


You're not the first to express such comments.
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 11:38 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
Quote:
I doubt very much that anyone outside of RL's mindset would label John Newton a psycho/sociopath


Do you view him as a great London hero?


Like Bobby Moore?

It's not an either or choice RL. It's perfectly possible to be neither a psychopath nor a hero.
reasoning logic
 
  2  
Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 11:53 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Do you view him as a great London hero?


Quote:
It's not an either or choice RL.


Bingo Izzy you are on a roll "it was a yes or no question. Wink
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 01:10 pm
@reasoning logic,
You've not answered any of my questions, why should I answer yours? I have never considered the phrase 'Great London Hero' until you said it. So I'd have to consider who, other than Bobby Moore, would go on it before I could entertain a minor figure like John Newton. Do you think he's done anything in particular for London that would warrant it? What would make him a 'London' hero, as opposed to any other?
0 Replies
 
reasoning logic
 
  2  
Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 01:29 pm
@Ice Demon,
Quote:
You just drink the kool aid that society feeds you and that is to labels sociopaths as monsters or freaks because they are different from the majority, the empaths


Would you agree that both sociopaths and empaths both hold preconceived notions about what I think about sociopaths?
Stereotyping a sociopath is like stereotyping any other person who's condition falls within DSM.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 02:28 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
Would you agree that both sociopaths and empaths both hold preconceived notions about what I think about sociopaths?


Which is another way of saying anyone who disagrees with you is a sociopath.
reasoning logic
 
  1  
Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 04:00 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Which is another way of saying anyone who disagrees with you is a sociopath.


Are you trying to be silly?

Do you think that there is anyone at all that I don't disagree with on something? I am pretty sure that I disagree with everyone about something, Does this make everyone a sociopath only because I disagree with them at times?
Do you think that I would not disagree with Dr Katz about something? Does it mean that I think Dr Katz is a sociopath because I do not agree with all of what he says?

Silly
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 05:13 pm
@reasoning logic,
It's a label you like to chuck about with gay abandon.
reasoning logic
 
  1  
Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 05:19 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It's a label you like to chuck about with gay abandon.


You lost me Izzy please go in-depth.
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 05:34 pm
@reasoning logic,
You use the term sociopath almost as a knee-jerk reaction, because it's an easy answer, and that's what you want. I'm going to bed now, so that's as in depth as you're going to get.
reasoning logic
 
  1  
Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 05:53 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You use the term sociopath almost as a knee-jerk reaction,


I am not sure what you mean by knee-jerk reaction but I guess it may be something that you think is close to your knee that you jerk on at times?
reasoning logic
 
  1  
Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 05:58 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
. I'm going to bed now


Goodnight Izzy. Smile
0 Replies
 
reasoning logic
 
  1  
Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 06:02 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Like Bobby Moore?


Yes like your football hero Bobby Moore?
Ice Demon
 
  1  
Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 06:06 pm
@reasoning logic,
Your art of avoiding the issue is most excellent. Will you be my mentor in helping me perfect this skill?
reasoning logic
 
  1  
Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 06:15 pm
@Ice Demon,
Quote:
Your art of avoiding the issue is most excellent. Will you be my mentor in helping me perfect this skill?


No this is a sociopathic skill that I am keeping to myself. Twisted Evil
Ice Demon
 
  1  
Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 06:22 pm
@reasoning logic,
Doggonit!
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 02:36 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
I am not sure what you mean by knee-jerk reaction but I guess it may be something that you think is close to your knee that you jerk on at times?


Language is not your forte is it now? The phrase knee-jerk is hardly obscure.
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 02:38 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
Like Bobby Moore?


Yes like your football hero Bobby Moore?


Why did you end a statement with a question mark?

Here's Bobby after winning the world cup.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_F8t5ABx1UE4/S-gHmIEf9TI/AAAAAAAAAP0/LMSIYzUizcI/s1600/bobby+moore.jpg
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Do my antisocial friends have a clue? - Discussion by reasoning logic
 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/14/2024 at 05:49:26