Do my antisocial friends have a clue?

Reply Sat 23 May, 2015 10:16 am
I have been studying behavior for 40 years and have come to a conclusion that some of the people I communicate with think they are geniuses.

I do have to admit that they may be the opposite but I am not one to enjoy speaking in terms that could be offensive to retarded people. I would never let anyone know If I thought they had an intellectual challenge.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,330 • Replies: 1
No top replies

FBM

Reply Sat 23 May, 2015 05:44 pm
@reasoning logic,
Maybe: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Quote:
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability to be much higher than is accurate. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their ineptitude. Conversely, highly skilled individuals tend to underestimate their relative competence, erroneously assuming that tasks which are easy for them are also easy for others.[1]
As David Dunning and Justin Kruger of Cornell University conclude: "The miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others."[1]
0 Replies