Obamacares Medicaid Expansion is Awesome for Slackers

tkolter

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2013 01:18 pm
@Frank Apisa,
My original post though I did make a key point in the ACA it is now Medicaid based on income and for me a generous level to get it at 133% of the poverty line, which is good for those who just want to rig their incomes to get it. Seriously for me in Florida under the deal with the HHS I will be on an HMO but otherwise its 100% free ,for me, health coverage under Florida rules.

Others in other states still benefit as I do having at most token payments for services, in Florida a non-HMO pay for service visit to a doctor is $2.00 for example. Even if you go to the ER for a non-emergency the most they can hit you with is $15.00 and the doctor and test fees maybe another $10.00 other states cannot be must worse.

Is there any law or anywhere where they can demand people work as much as they can or not give it if someone just says: here is my support document from my folks and no I don't want to work or work more than what I need for my needs. Its no strings with a huge benefit.

And I will not make over that the most I could make Busking in my area that is all out everyday doing it for 40 hours a week would be maybe $800.00 a month since there are small numbers of good high income hours and many hours of your lucky to get $1 to 3.00 in ones "hat". Here I'm seen as one step over a panhandler now when I was in Europe years ago my dad in the army serving there I earned $2000 a month AND often got free room & board from families since I was seen as an Artist and a disabled one. So that money was mostly profit. Here its not so good but its the best way I have to make money no one will give me a job and I refuse to apply for SSI since I can work and can get money for my other needs with family help. I should be a conservative favorite my support is from family and I work some just well part time since I focus on the big money making hours in a week, plus special event days and do some other things.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2013 01:21 pm
@tkolter,
Interesting information, tkolter, but I am unsure of what you point is.
BillRM

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2013 02:19 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
nteresting information, tkolter, but I am unsure of what you point is.

Frank I do not understand why the gentleman who started this thread is posting on the subject or in the manner he is unless he is indeed a teabagger trying to make an anti Obama point.

Take note this "stacker" [teabagger] begin posting on this thread and have zero postings on this website other then on this thread.

Frankly we should have single payer health care and where income of the person cover have zero to do with it like the other advance nations in this world.

Our current Byzantine system of private/employer insurances had resulted in not only millions not being cover but a system overhead of at least double what a single payer system would yield.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2013 02:29 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Frankly we should have single payer health care and where income of the person cover have zero to do with it like the other advance nations in this world.

I do not know about the poster...or his motives...but, like you, I would love to have us get to a single payer system as soon as possible.

I think Obama and the Democrats in congress realized they were not going to get that kind of thing through...and took the pragmatic road. If I had been a congressman at the time, that undoubtedly would be the road I would have traveled.

I only hope that the political environment in our country changes enough so...as you suggested...we finally catch up to the rest of the civilized world in our health care system.
tkolter

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2013 07:10 pm
@Frank Apisa,
My post is simple lets look at it from a slackers view they are giving me free or in some states virtually free so as to be free health care with NO strings. No work obligations or going to school or applying for SSI or other issue all I need to is NOT do something earn over 133% of the poverty line. Its perfect they cannot refuse me once I verify my income or lack of income which is not hard. In my state they do a credit check, will check to see I'm supported from my family and that is about it save my tax returns. Its damned easy to get.

Its the best social program a slacker could get there is no way they can say no if I tell them I choose not to do something that is make more money.

Seems to me a nice big loophole in the law.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2013 07:25 pm
@tkolter,
Tkolter

I was right about you being a Tea Party member trying to make a weak political point, wasn't I?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2013 07:26 pm
@maxdancona,
I had this idea of selling doormats with the Gadsen flag on them. I would buy one. Surprisingly no one else has thought of it.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2013 07:32 pm
@maxdancona,
Definately cause for suspicion.
tkolter

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2013 01:58 am
@roger,
I'm actually for real I found this site searching for on Google obamacare forum and it was on top and place to post in other places on other topics. I hate work, it may be a necessary evil but well prefer to do it as little as possible but am not alone in that many Iders and Slackers are like me we get by doing the least work for the most fun to be had.

Obamacare with the Medicaid expansion just made our lives a lot better my points are valid are they not the only determination is income and unless your under a legal punishment they cannot make one work or work more than they want to. So the power to get it is in fact simple don't earn to much.
BillRM

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2013 03:43 am
@tkolter,
Quote:
I hate work, it may be a necessary evil but well prefer to do it as little as possible but am not alone in that many Iders and Slackers are like me we get by doing the least work for the most fun to be had.

You hate work then you where not in the right career as my WORK was in the area of electronic engineering a field where I used to read advance books in and play repeat play with making/designing devices in my folk basement as a very young child.

My big thrill was getting on a train and going into New York City to walk an area that at the time was known world wide as radio row all day looking for cheap electronic components.

For 33 years I got paid a very good living for doing something that I would had done in any case as a hobby.

The society is large enough and with enough skills sets in demand that unless you are brain dead it is not hard to find means of earning a living that is not work in the negative meaning of that term for you.

But even if all you desire is to lay around and do nothing in life of any nature that still does not mean that you should not be entitle to the best medical care possible.

In fact the self hate you seems to be showing in labeling yourself a slacker not worth even medical care seems off hands to call for some mental health counselling.

Of course, that is if we assumed you are in fact being honest and not just a damn teabagger who think that any such "slacker" as you are picturing yourself to be is less then human and should be allowed to die on the streets.

BillRM

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2013 05:27 am
@BillRM,
Footnote in my opinion so call Obamacares is only a step in the right direction and we need to reach the level of most other advance nations on earth where the incomes or work benefits of individuals have nothing to do with health care.

Or if the person is a slacker or not for that matter!!!!!!!!

Oh, since I been retired I been enjoying top of the line health insurance being paid for by the taxpayers of a state I never even live in thanks to my wife retirement benefits. This top of the line health coverage cost all of a hundred dollars or so a year out of my pocket.

This whole US insurance system is crazy.

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2013 05:47 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Re: BillRM (Post 5266429)
Footnote in my opinion so call Obamacares is only a step in the right direction and we need to reach the level of most other advance nations on earth where the incomes or work benefits of individuals have nothing to do with health care.

Let's hope so.

Quote:
Or if the person is a slacker or not for that matter!!!!!!!!

Indeed!

Quote:
Oh, since I been retired I been enjoying top of the line health insurance being paid for by the taxpayers of a state I never even live in thanks to my wife retirement benefits. This top of the line health coverage cost all of a hundred dollars or so a year out of my pocket.

Good for you...and your wife. No person living in this country should ever have to worry about affording health care! Fact is, providing everyone with adequate health care, in the long run, is LESS costly than being stingy about health care.

That shouldn't be the impetus for us seeing that adequate health care is provided all citizens...but it is something that we all should take into consideration.

Quote:
This whole US insurance system is crazy.

You are being kind here. It does not yet rise to the level of crazy.
0 Replies

tkolter

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 02:59 pm
@BillRM,
I work I decided what I need to earn to make enough to meet my very basic lifestyle needs and earn that much. In my case I need around $9500 a year in cash and/or barter combined. I don't need much of a place to live a small rented room is enough, I get my internet what I need for entertainment/education, a library card covers books and dvd's, a monthly bus pass (disabled discount) is $420 a year and food (again can be cash or bartered services for food). When I Busker I usually hand out restaurant information and other things in a package for food credit at eateries and things like free hair cuts).

I have a small savings in cash on a reloadable debit card and use that to pay my taxes self-employment and regular.

I don't mind earning that much I can do it working around 40-60 hours a month if I work smart, but why earn more if I don't have to and work more I have better things to do than work I enjoy?

Medicaid is simply for me a great chance for for me to use 100% free health care and will vote in elections based on how the elected officials vote on this, if I have to will move to a state that does expand it. All my stuff I own is in easy to transport format I could move easily and have enough cash set aside for relocation. I hope that won't be needed.

I just find working a necessary evil to meet that income level if I could work less and have a comfortable life I would, but even I need to earn some money.
Miller

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 03:36 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

You should be grateful for Obamacare's medicaid expansion. It helps you and it is a step in the right direction.

But where will these individuals go to receive their medical care, when as is the present case, 33% of American MDs refuse to treat Medicaid patients?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 03:41 pm
@tkolter,
I think the earlier assessments of you are probably correct. You appear more and more to be someone with a political point to make...and you are doing it in what you consider a clever way.

Good luck with that.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 03:51 pm
@BillRM,
quote="BillRM" :

Quote:
[/quote]

Based on your writing, I'm guessing, you're a former university professor... Am I right? Smile
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 08:47 pm
@Miller,
It seems obvious. The other 67%.
BillRM

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 07:53 am
@Miller,
Quote:
But where will these individuals go to receive their medical care, when as is the present case, 33% of American MDs refuse to treat Medicaid patients?

Why give them the choice of treating or not treating if it become a problem?

At least if they wish to keep practicing that is and if not we could always bring in foreign doctors who would likely be overjoy at sharing the living standards of American doctors even those who mainly treat Medicaid patients.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 27 Mar, 2013 11:29 pm
@maxdancona,
No, not the MDs. The patients will be receiving their "care" from medical students, LPNs, RNs, medical assistants and probably even clerks.

0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 27 Mar, 2013 11:31 pm
In many retail pharmacies today, it's possible to "visit" with a Doctor for 15 min, for $45 via an internet connection in the pharmacy.

Nothing beats that "hands-on" approach...
0 Replies