A question for people who believe in Moral Absolutes

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 04:19 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Why should I have to keep explaining the simplest parts of language theory to you over and over again?

You don't. So far, you haven't done it...which means you cannot be doing it over.
JTT

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 04:23 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
So far, you haven't done it..

Again, highly illustrative of your profound ignorance on the workings of language.

Are you going to fill us in on restrictive/nonrestrictive relative pronouns, Frank?
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 04:34 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Again, highly illustrative of your profound ignorance on the workings of language.

Are you going to fill us in on restrictive/nonrestrictive relative pronouns, Frank?

If you two were opposite sex or gay I would recommend that you two get a room, You sound like you have been in a long relationship and things are going bad at the moment. Drunk
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 04:45 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5278666)
Quote:
So far, you haven't done it..

I repeat: So far you have not done it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 04:47 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
If you two were opposite sex or gay I would recommend that you two get a room, You sound like you have been in a long relationship and things are going bad at the moment.

Sorry this is boring you...or having whatever effect it is having on you, RL. But there is more going on here than might be apparent at first blush. If you think I am being petty...you may be correct, but respectfully, I suggest you are not.

Think outside the box.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 04:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
. If you think I am being petty...you may be correct, but respectfully, I suggest you are not.

Maybe you are correct but it seems to me that two old dogs are trying to teach the other a new trick
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 05:57 pm
@JTT,
Come on, JTT, you know Frank's language skills are perfectly adequate. It's what he DOES with them that can expose him (and us) to criticism.
En35edina

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 07:16 pm
@maxdancona,
Or would you still stick with your own convictions?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 11:15 am
@JLNobody,
Quote:
Come on, JTT, you know Frank's language skills are perfectly adequate.

Frank's unconscious language skills are adequate, JL, his conscious knowledge of the workings of language is terrible.

His hypocrisy and dishonesty is legend.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 11:20 am
@JTT,
Quote:
Frank's unconscious language skills are adequate, JL, his conscious knowledge of the workings of language is terrible.

His hypocrisy and dishonesty is legend.

Hey, JTT...glad to see you are awake.

Must feel good to be up and calling someone a hypocrite and a liar, right.

You go, boy!
JTT

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 11:22 am
@Frank Apisa,
Speaking of obsessions.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 11:30 am
@JTT,
Quote:
Speaking of obsessions.

Were you???

I thought you were just exhibiting your obsession with me by telling someone else I am a hypocrite and a liar.
JTT

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 11:33 am
@Frank Apisa,
Just pointing out the cold hard facts, Frank. You are a major hypocrite and you're one of the most dishonest people I've come across on A2K.
pdmthope
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 11:39 am
Facts and Truths
There a lot of conjecture about what is truth and what is fact. People say what is true for you may not be what is true to me, that’s hog wash. There is only one truth and facts do lie.
Scientific facts change from time to time and are subjective to the temporal.
Facts are collectable and called evidences. Some say evidences of truths.
The truth stands all by itself; it does not need facts to support it. The truth supports spiritual and physical facts.
Truth never changes What is true today will be true tomorrow. Today at this second I am 25 years old. Tomorrow at the same second I will me 25 yrs and 1 day old that cannot change.
I may cease to exist on a time line but the truth is I did. Truth I am not the same person I was a second ago. There are a lot of similar facts but the truth is timeless. Where facts are time lined
Unchangeable truth: Jesus died for sinners. Not every sinner will be saved. Only those that respond to God’s grace and call will be saved.
Jesus said “I am the truth” and that does not change
2 Corinthians 4:18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal
If you can see it will change your face your looks …We look at what does not change.
JTT

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 11:49 am
@pdmthope,
Can't argue with that.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 11:58 am
@JTT,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5279152)
Just pointing out the cold hard facts, Frank. You are a major hypocrite and you're one of the most dishonest people I've come across on A2K.

Nah...you are obsessing with me.

That's okay. Fact is, if you were not here for me, I'd have to invent someone like you to entertain me during the days I cannot play golf.
JTT

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 12:10 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Golf is a good walk spoiled.
Mark Twain

And knowing you, lots of chances to prevaricate.

Quote:
The Playing Field
Sport and culture through the lens of science
by Steven Kotler
18 Holes of Ecological Disaster

Eighteen Holes of Ecological Disaster
Published on May 11, 2008 by Steven Kotler in The Playing Field
It started out with a bit of excitement. The latest issue of “Sport’s Illustrated” arrived, in it a story by novelist Carl Hiaasen. The story is about golf or sort of about golf. It was excerpted from Hiaasen’s forthcoming book: The Downhill Lie and was entitled: “A Dangerous Breed of Beast.” But it was the doosy of a subtitle that really caught my attention: “When the author took up golf again after a long hiatus, he figured all he could hurt was his pride. What his game really threatened was the wildlife of his beloved South Florida.”

I was excited by the idea that as venerable a publication as SI would let a name brand writer like Hiaasen tackle a topic as sticky as the environmental impact of golf. And then I started reading.

The story begins with a section entitled: Toad Golf. In it, the author describes visiting a friend’s house which was being overrun by Bofu marinus, an invasive pest that is threatening domestic wildlife in several states. His friend had a simple solution: relocate the toads to a neighbor’s yard by smacking them with a nine iron.

Now, if I walked into a friend’s house and found him hitting toads with golf clubs, the first thing I would do is start hitting my friend with a golf club. Hard.

But not Hiaasen. This asshole picked up a pitching wedge and joined in.

And that’s not even the worst offense. In fact, that’s a minor blip in a major travesty. The travesty is thus: there’s nary a mention of the ecological disaster that we call golf.

Don’t kid yourself, golf is a true nightmare. And America is the worst offender.
The US is now home to 18,000 golf courses, more than half of the world’s 35,000. These courses cover 1.7 million acres and soak up 4 billion gallons of water daily.

In a tropical country such as Thailand, the average golf course uses as much water as 60,000 rural villagers. Here, in the US, the news has lately been buzzing over the idea that a dredging channel cut in 1962, is accidentally draining 2.5 billion gallons a day out of Lake Michigan. This draining is considered a devastating ecological crisis worthy of immediate action. And that number is slightly more than half that golf is taking from us each day.

Even worse, the water that’s evaporating off golf courses and re-entering the atmosphere is loaded down with all sorts of nasty stuff. Golf Course News recently reported the results of a study done in New York that found the typical golf course uses 2.7 times more pesticides per acre than farmland.

And, according to the Rachel Carson Council, 29 of the 49 most common pesticides used by groundskeepers are found on the EPA’s Toxic Release Inventory. These include such winners as the herbicide “atrazine” which is a carcinogen, mutagen, immunotoxin and causes adrenal damage to boot and the insecticide “bendiocarb,” which causes cataracts, lung and brain damage, and is a suspected mutagen.

This might help explain why a 1994 University of Iowa College of Medicine study found that an unusually high number of golf course superintendents had died from cancer.

While golfers like to claim that they’re creating green spaces in areas that might be otherwise paved over, what they fail to mention is there’s little difference. Most animals don’t like open spaces. Anything that is small enough to be eaten by raptors is smart enough to hug the treeline. Creating pockets or forest surrounded by fairways is the same as isolating the resident animals on islands. Meaning there’s not enough genetic diversity on these islands to insure a healthy breeding population so inbreeding is the only option. Wait a few generations and the results of incest are simple: no more animals.

The point, as pointed out by Chee Yoke Ling and Mohammad Ferhan Ferrari of the Malaysia-based Asia-Pacific People's Environment Network (APPEN), is simple: "Golf development is one of the most unsustainable and damaging activities to people and the environment."

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-playing-field/200805/18-holes-ecological-disaster
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 12:16 pm
@JTT,
Good grief, JTT.

Now you are going to take your obsession with me out on golf!!!

Isn't that a bit extreme even for someone like you.

Or are you just trying to inject a little humor into things?

If that was your plan...I thank you, because I laughed my butt off at the effort.
JTT

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 12:21 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Now you're ignoring the fact that you are involved in a sport that is an ecological disaster, Frank. Again your patent dishonesty.

It's actually quite hilarious that you [and a good number of others here] have the temerity to even consider raising such an issue. Imagine, you, a rank apologist for terrorists and war criminals, even daring to utter the word 'moral'.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 12:35 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5279192)
Now you're ignoring the fact that you are involved in a sport that is an ecological disaster, Frank. Again your patent dishonesty.

No dishonesty, here, JTT. You are almost as obsessed with the word "dishonesty" as you are with me.

What's up with that?

Quote:
It's actually quite hilarious that you [and a good number of others here] have the temerity to even consider raising such an issue. Imagine, you, a rank apologist for terrorists and war criminals, even daring to utter the word 'moral'.

Another one of those weird segues. You aren't stoned or drunk...are you?
0 Replies