Where do pets come from?

sozobe

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 11:13 pm
A newly discovered chapter in the Book of Genesis has provided the answer to, "Where do pets come from?"

Adam and Eve said, "Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you any more. We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us."

And God said, "No problem! I will create a companion for you that will be with you and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves."

And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve.

And it was a good animal.

And God was pleased.

And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail.

And Adam said, "Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal."

And God said, "No problem. Because I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him
DOG."

And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them.

And they were comforted.

And God was pleased.

And Dog was content and wagged his tail.

After a while, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and said, "Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like peacocks and they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well."

And God said, "No problem! I will create for them a companion who will be with them and who will see them as they are. The companion will remind them of their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy of adoration."

And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve.

And Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's eyes, they were reminded that they were not the supreme beings.

And Adam and Eve learned humility.

And they were greatly improved.

And God was pleased.

And Dog was happy.

And Cat didn't give a crap one way or the other.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,074 • Replies: 20
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 11:13 pm
(A rare mass email that I think is worth sharing...)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 03:26 am
Lol - it is a cutie, isn't it?
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 05:43 am
My cat craps...
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 06:29 am
I've never trusted cats, and now I know why... :wink:
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 08:13 am
Sozobe's story reminded me of the one where Adam was alone on the earth. God asked one of his angels, "How's that man-project coming along down there."

The angel replied, "Not good, Lord. Something is troubling the man."

God parted the clouds and bellowed to the man, "What is wrong, man? What is the problem?"

"Adam looked up and said, "Well, this is a really nice place you gave me here, chief. Lots of nice plants, clean water, beautiful scenery, cool friggin' animals, but the thing is.... I'm kinda lonely down here."

God said, "No problem man. I will give you a woman."

"What the hell is a woman?" Adam asked.

"She will be your perfect companion", said God, "she'll be beautiful, charming, articulate, and intelligent. She will fulfill your every need and desire. She will shower you with praise, love you intensely, fight for you, and, if need be, she will die for you. She will have an insatiable need for sex and will service you in the blink of an eye. She will be.... the greatest thing you could possibly imagine."

"Sounds good" said Adam, "send her down."

"Not so fast, Adam. Such a precious thing doesn't come cheap. She will cost you."

"Er, how much?" asked Adam.

God thought it over and said, "Your left arm, your right leg, your left eye, your left ear, and your right testicle."

Adam thought about this proposition for a second and said, "Er, what can you give me for a rib?"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 08:40 am
The story is obviously specious--everyone knows that cats are the spawn of Satan.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 11:28 am
I don't think cats are from Satan. Saint Francis of Assisi wrote a Canticle of the Creatures, an ode to God's living things. "All praise to you, Oh Lord, for all these brother and sister creatures." And there was testimony in the cause for St. Clare of Assisi's canonization that referred to her little cat!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 11:35 am
cats'r'icky.

Now, dogs, dogs are divine.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 05:41 pm
<grins>
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 03:40 am
Delightful, sozobe. Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 05:16 am
Dogs suck....
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 11:42 pm
Here is another one of those mass emails. It is a good one too. I plan on actually making the sign for my door Laughing

MEMO TO THE FAMILY DOG & CAT....

Dear Dog and Cat:

When I say to move, it means go someplace else, not switch positions with each other so there are still two of you in the way. The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. (Please note, placing a paw print in
the middle of my plate of food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food & dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.)

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king size bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue to sleep on the couch to ensure your comfort. Look at videos of dogs and cats sleeping. They can actually curl up in a ball. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. (I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space used is nothing but sarcasm.)

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob, or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit
through the same door I entered. (In addition, I have been using the bathroom for years...canine or feline attendance is not mandatory.)

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dogs or cats' butt. I cannot stress this enough. It would be such a simple change for you.

To pacify you I have posted the following message on our front door.....
Rules for Non-pet owners who visit and like to complain about our pets:
1. They live here; you don't.
2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.
3. I like my pet better than I like most people.
4. To you it's an animal. To me he and/or she is an adopted son and/or daughter i s short, hairy, walks on all fours and is speech challenged.

Dogs and cats are better than kids. They eat less, don't ask for money all the time, are easier to train, usually come when called, never drive your car, don't hang out with drug using friends, don't drink or smoke, don't worry about buying the latest fashions, don't wear your clothes, don't need a gazillion dollars for college, and if they get pregnant, you can sell the results.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 03:53 am
dlowan wrote:
Dogs suck....

Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:58 am
Cute, Aldistar! :-D
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 02:26 am
The ancient Egyptians worshiped cats. Since then humans have forgoten this but the cat has not.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 02:39 am
Hello, Sam, & welcome to A2K. Very Happy
Ah, don't you feel sorry for those people who don't see the pure magic & mystery in cats?
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 03:52 am
Hi Msolga,

I went looking for help with a dog problem and found A2K. Wow! something for everyone.
Yes there is magic and mystery in cats. What I really appreciate is the afection. Rumpelteaser I slept on my pillow, washed my hair and was an arogant TOM CAT. I still love him and hope he is having a great time in Heaven. Having a cat for a friend is one of lifes truly great experiences.

Sam
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 02:25 pm
Sam1951 wrote:
The ancient Egyptians worshiped cats. Since then humans have forgoten this but the cat has not.

Sam
I'm reminded of this each and every day, by the boss - at left!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 02:43 am
Hi Sam

Rumpelteaser sounds like one of THE great cats! Very Happy May he be sleeping blissfully on a pillow in cat heaven.
0 Replies