Major Problems with ObamaCare!

Miller

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 10:02 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

It is due to the standards in MA. MA, unlike some one else that stated above also requires you to be able to get any health insurance no matter what your pre-existing health conditions are. Your state could be different, but this is what MA has in place.

It should be noted that with Obamacare, each and every plan will cover all pre-existing conditions, in the USA.

As far as exisiting conditions in Mass, it wasn't always that way. In fact prior to Obama's actions, preexisiting conditions suchas end stage kidney disease were not covered by BC/BS in Massachusetts. That's been changed with Obama in office.
Miller

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 10:05 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Yes it is true. It was explained to me precisely like that from our HR department. They suggested going without the insurance for the week or two (as it is very expensive without being employer supplied) as I could always get it retroactively if in the slight chance someone needed medical care in an emergency.

Before I'd believe this, I'd get in writing and I'd want to see it in the insurance contract you receive, when signing up for health insurance. Word of mouth means nothing, if you should get in an accident or if you would end up in Court fighting the insurance company for payment.
Linkat

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 10:47 am
@Miller,
My husband sold insurance in MA prior to obama care and yes pre-exisitng conditions were covered.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 10:47 am
@Miller,
My husband sold insurance in MA prior to obama care and yes pre-exisitng conditions were covered.
Linkat

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 10:48 am
@Miller,
This is per Cobra to cover you between company insurances - you can purchase retro-actively to the time you left your previous employer. This was also confirmed via my husband who sold health insurance in MA.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 12:18 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Not BC/BS according to their contract issue prior to Obama. Patients with end-stage renal disease were not covered by BC/BS. I read this in the contract, as I always read the contract word-for word. Now in 2013, BC/BS cannot deny a person health insurance if they have end-stage renal failure ( disease).
0 Replies

khalia

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 09:28 am
I think obamacare is about power and leaving behind a legacy. it is so shady and secretive about the details. to me, I see more about mass information gathering and money making. I say this because I read 1. all information- medical, financial, etc will go into 1 data bank connected to all govt agencies, homeland security, irs, etc. 2. An article in my local newspaper ran a story on how much money in penalty fees the govt was LOSING - billions- due to the 1 year delay on small buisnesses being compliant with obamacare. How can you lose money you don't even have? Unless you are counting on people not being able to comply!
Why are they in such a massive rush to put this into play when it is in no way ready?! The 'navigators' (people who are there to guide you through choosing , and entering your personal information) have had their training cut from 30 hours to 20 because there isn't time for better training! these 'navigators' have no background check done, because there is no time! with identity theft such a big problem already, it's nice to know my navigator may have just walked out of jail the day before! The security of the data bank with the whole country's information is not even proven to be secure!
All I hear about is how much cheaper this insurance will be for everyone, but no one will say in plain English is 'your insurance will cost considerably more than now, but don't worry about that! the govt is going to help pay some! we promise!' Is it actually written in the law that these subsidies and tax credits will ALWAYS be there? And how much are they guaranteed to pay? From what I read it seems I am expected to have blind faith in the future, that the govt has my back. What happens if all the young people take the penalty in 2014 and only the old and sick people take insurance and set the rates? If it costs the govt much more than they expect will they still offer the subsidies and tax credits?
The idea of people having insurance is good, but if it's not ready why the rush? Why the double talk, and last minute information?
parados

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 11:24 am
@Miller,
Quote:

It should be noted that with Obamacare, each and every plan will cover all pre-existing conditions, in the USA.

No, they will only cover what the plan covers. Insurance doesn't cover EVERY condition and EVERY treatment.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 11:38 am
@khalia,
You have been given so much disinformation khalia, it's hard to know where to start.
Quote:
1. all information- medical, financial, etc will go into 1 data bank connected to all govt agencies, homeland security, irs, etc.
FALSE! In fact all medical information is protected by law.
Quote:
2. An article in my local newspaper ran a story on how much money in penalty fees the govt was LOSING - billions- due to the 1 year delay on small buisnesses being compliant with obamacare. How can you lose money you don't even have? Unless you are counting on people not being able to comply!
The cost of the ACA was calculated based on projections. When part of what was expected doesn't happen then the costs change. The money wasn't to come from people not being able to comply. The cost savings was to come from companies with 50 or more employees providing insurance or paying a penalty for not providing it.

Quote:
these 'navigators' have no background check done, because there is no time! with identity theft such a big problem already, it's nice to know my navigator may have just walked out of jail the day before!
Depending on where you are, that sounds like a state problem. If your Republican state refused to prepare correctly, that isn't really a problem created by the Federal government, is it?

Quote:
All I hear about is how much cheaper this insurance will be for everyone, but no one will say in plain English is 'your insurance will cost considerably more than now, but don't worry about that! the govt is going to help pay some!
Mostly false. Insurance will be cheaper for many even if they pay for all of the insurance themselves. It will cost more for some. Some will get subsidies but most of those will have not had insurance before.

Quote:
The idea of people having insurance is good, but if it's not ready why the rush? Why the double talk, and last minute information?
Yes, having insurance is good. Most of your arguments against implementation so far have been filled with lies however.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 11:53 am
@Miller,
Quote:

Before I'd believe this, I'd get in writing

That's what i thought too when you claimed Obamacare had created panels to decide standard protocols for treatments of numerous diseases. The funny thing is I still don't believe it because you haven't provided it in writing. You seem to believe it even though it isn't in writing anywhere other than RW blogs which are worse than "word of mouth".
0 Replies

InsuranceLady

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 11:01 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

you're right.

we should just kill the poor...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgpa7wEAz7I[/youtube]
And eat them; Swift gave us the answer in A Modest Proposal.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 02:02 am
@khalia,
Quote:
How can you lose money you don't even have?

Ask the IRS!
0 Replies

Victor White

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2017 04:43 am
Obamacare regulations compromised quality of patient care -
0 Replies

1800autopsy

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2019 06:16 am
@Miller,
There many taxpayers in Massachusetts who would rather pay the fine than pay for health insurance. I say" more power to them".
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2019 06:31 am
Here is a recent article that I read (hits close to home with us) about the impact of these rising deductible. Sounds similar to my situation where year after year my net pay goes down because of the rising cost of insurance premiums and little if any raises (in the past 6 years I have had 2 raises - both about 1 or 2% lower than the increase in premiums) - basically I make net less salary than I did 5 years ago and I know I am not alone - why the simple - quit, find another job, doesn't work - it is the same throughout the industry - not to mention with the outflow of our jobs going overseas many are being laid off.

But to the article -
"Squeezed in the middle are legions of working Americans who face stagnant wages, insurance premiums that take more and more of their paychecks and soaring deductibles that leave them with medical bills they can’t afford.."

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-health-insurance-angry-patients-20190628-story.html
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2021 08:42 am
@Miller,
Oh I know the flaws of this "free healthcare."

I was working at a library, the year of all this. Before this was proposed, I was allowed to be under my parent's insurance. PPO plan, decent coverage. Even if I wasn't, the plan would have cost maybe $150-200 tops to get something at least okay. After Obamacare, I looked at the card. In order to get insurance, I'd have to spend like $11000 or something which was not happening as a part-time library worker, and the bronze plan started at $450. This when I made $300 every two weeks if I was lucky. And this around the time when the new boss was basically thinking of excuses to cut my hours, until I was stressed enough that I was making mistakes.

I decided to basically opt out of health insurance period. I have a lump on the back of my head. Even if it were cancer, not getting it checked out. The best thing to do about Obamacare is allow people to opt out. But you don't have insurance, they wanted you to pay for not having ibsurance! I shouldn't have to tell you how sick this is to tax people struggling to make ends meet some more for nott being insured.
hightor

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2021 09:02 am
@bulmabriefs144,
It's not "free healthcare". It was never designed to be "free healthcare". There is no such thing as "free healthcare".

The ACA has many problems, all of which would have been addressed had the GOP not felt threatened were it to succeed. Instead of fixing the plan it was steadily attacked by demagogues on talk radio and undermined in Congress. Even so, it has enabled many people to obtain coverage for the first time — taking away their access because your plan is unaffordable seems selfish and shortsighted.
0 Replies