19

Major Problems with ObamaCare!

Miller

0  
Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 10:02 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

It is due to the standards in MA. MA, unlike some one else that stated above also requires you to be able to get any health insurance no matter what your pre-existing health conditions are. Your state could be different, but this is what MA has in place.

It should be noted that with Obamacare, each and every plan will cover all pre-existing conditions, in the USA.

As far as exisiting conditions in Mass, it wasn't always that way. In fact prior to Obama's actions, preexisiting conditions suchas end stage kidney disease were not covered by BC/BS in Massachusetts. That's been changed with Obama in office.
Miller

-1  
Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 10:05 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Yes it is true. It was explained to me precisely like that from our HR department. They suggested going without the insurance for the week or two (as it is very expensive without being employer supplied) as I could always get it retroactively if in the slight chance someone needed medical care in an emergency.

Before I'd believe this, I'd get in writing and I'd want to see it in the insurance contract you receive, when signing up for health insurance. Word of mouth means nothing, if you should get in an accident or if you would end up in Court fighting the insurance company for payment.
Linkat

2  
Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 10:47 am
@Miller,
My husband sold insurance in MA prior to obama care and yes pre-exisitng conditions were covered.

Linkat

2  
Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 10:47 am
@Miller,
Linkat

2  
Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 10:48 am
@Miller,
This is per Cobra to cover you between company insurances - you can purchase retro-actively to the time you left your previous employer. This was also confirmed via my husband who sold health insurance in MA.

Miller

-1  
Reply Tue 24 Sep, 2013 12:18 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Not BC/BS according to their contract issue prior to Obama. Patients with end-stage renal disease were not covered by BC/BS. I read this in the contract, as I always read the contract word-for word. Now in 2013, BC/BS cannot deny a person health insurance if they have end-stage renal failure ( disease).

khalia

3  
Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 09:28 am
I think obamacare is about power and leaving behind a legacy. it is so shady and secretive about the details. to me, I see more about mass information gathering and money making. I say this because I read 1. all information- medical, financial, etc will go into 1 data bank connected to all govt agencies, homeland security, irs, etc. 2. An article in my local newspaper ran a story on how much money in penalty fees the govt was LOSING - billions- due to the 1 year delay on small buisnesses being compliant with obamacare. How can you lose money you don't even have? Unless you are counting on people not being able to comply!
Why are they in such a massive rush to put this into play when it is in no way ready?! The 'navigators' (people who are there to guide you through choosing , and entering your personal information) have had their training cut from 30 hours to 20 because there isn't time for better training! these 'navigators' have no background check done, because there is no time! with identity theft such a big problem already, it's nice to know my navigator may have just walked out of jail the day before! The security of the data bank with the whole country's information is not even proven to be secure!
All I hear about is how much cheaper this insurance will be for everyone, but no one will say in plain English is 'your insurance will cost considerably more than now, but don't worry about that! the govt is going to help pay some! we promise!' Is it actually written in the law that these subsidies and tax credits will ALWAYS be there? And how much are they guaranteed to pay? From what I read it seems I am expected to have blind faith in the future, that the govt has my back. What happens if all the young people take the penalty in 2014 and only the old and sick people take insurance and set the rates? If it costs the govt much more than they expect will they still offer the subsidies and tax credits?
The idea of people having insurance is good, but if it's not ready why the rush? Why the double talk, and last minute information?
parados

1  
Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 11:24 am
@Miller,

No, they will only cover what the plan covers. Insurance doesn't cover EVERY condition and EVERY treatment.

parados

1  
Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 11:38 am
@khalia,
You have been given so much disinformation khalia, it's hard to know where to start.
1. all information- medical, financial, etc will go into 1 data bank connected to all govt agencies, homeland security, irs, etc.
FALSE! In fact all medical information is protected by law.
2. An article in my local newspaper ran a story on how much money in penalty fees the govt was LOSING - billions- due to the 1 year delay on small buisnesses being compliant with obamacare. How can you lose money you don't even have? Unless you are counting on people not being able to comply!
The cost of the ACA was calculated based on projections. When part of what was expected doesn't happen then the costs change. The money wasn't to come from people not being able to comply. The cost savings was to come from companies with 50 or more employees providing insurance or paying a penalty for not providing it.

these 'navigators' have no background check done, because there is no time! with identity theft such a big problem already, it's nice to know my navigator may have just walked out of jail the day before!
Depending on where you are, that sounds like a state problem. If your Republican state refused to prepare correctly, that isn't really a problem created by the Federal government, is it?

All I hear about is how much cheaper this insurance will be for everyone, but no one will say in plain English is 'your insurance will cost considerably more than now, but don't worry about that! the govt is going to help pay some!
Mostly false. Insurance will be cheaper for many even if they pay for all of the insurance themselves. It will cost more for some. Some will get subsidies but most of those will have not had insurance before.

Yes, having insurance is good. Most of your arguments against implementation so far have been filled with lies however.

parados

1  
Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 11:53 am
@Miller,

Before I'd believe this, I'd get in writing

That's what i thought too when you claimed Obamacare had created panels to decide standard protocols for treatments of numerous diseases. The funny thing is I still don't believe it because you haven't provided it in writing. You seem to believe it even though it isn't in writing anywhere other than RW blogs which are worse than "word of mouth".

InsuranceLady

1  
Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2013 11:01 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

you're right.

we should just kill the poor...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgpa7wEAz7I[/youtube]
And eat them; Swift gave us the answer in A Modest Proposal.

Miller

1  
Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2013 02:02 am
@khalia,
How can you lose money you don't even have?

Ask the IRS!

Victor White

0  
Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2017 04:43 am
Obamacare regulations compromised quality of patient care -