Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 07:56 am
Hi, I own a house (only name on mortgage and deed). I lived there with my girlfriend, and when we broke up, I signed a statement stating I would give her the net proceeds of the house when it sold (she moved out). After unsuccessful attempts at selling, I stayed in the house. I eventually married, and my wife and I live in the house. I did refinance the house, and my wife is on the deed. So, my question is, will I still owe all the proceeds of the sale of the house? There was basically no equity in the house, but will continue to grow as we live there. Thank you in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,921 • Replies: 4

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 08:18 am
@sanewarne,
You screwed up by signing that statement.

You are screwing up even more by asking this question of people on the Internet...rather than of a lawyer.

Stop screwing up. Go see a lawyer.
Ragman

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 08:31 am
@Frank Apisa,
pssst: it's spam ...he IS a lawyer
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 08:31 am
@sanewarne,
sanewarne wrote:

I'm disabled and I live in low-rent housing in VA.

http://able2know.org/topic/205150-1#post-5215765
So lying spambot? What is it? Do you rent in a low-rent housing unit? OR do you own a frakking house?
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 08:40 am
No wonder his landlord was harassing him in the other thread, he’s trying to steal her house!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Where will House Proceeds Go?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 01:38:49