Who’s watching our Presidents Inauguration this Monday?

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2013 08:01 pm
@jcboy,
All the usual gang of media idiots are making Beyonce's alleged lip-synching a major cause celebre. There have actually (I kid you not) been calls from the GOP for Obama's impeachment -- impeachment, mind you! -- for having allowed such a thing.
jcboy

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2013 08:08 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Just proves the Grand Obsolete Party is all out of ammunition, grasping at straws now, sorry bunch of people.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2013 08:32 pm
@jcboy,
Much ado about nothing. One of the toughest songs to sing and under very difficult circumstances so it was smart thing to do a lip synch. I have no idea if this was a first time at an inauguration for a lip synch? If that's the case, this should've happened way before this time. Where's the harm?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2013 05:31 pm
@Ragman,
No harm, no foul.

Who the hell is making a big enough deal about Beyonce lip-syncing that this thread should dwell upon it and use it to cast dependable aspersions upon Republicans?

It never ceases to amaze me how the most obscure and irrelevant ****-up can launch a thousand liberal condemnations.

Move on fools.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 06:22 am
I thought that when swearing an oath on the Bible - the Bible should be held by a representative of the Law or the Church depending on the situation.
When did this change at the President´s Inauguration and why? Nixon and Reagen just as Obama had their wifes to hold the Bible. Looks much cuter than a representative of the Law, but less serious.

I saw that Roosewelt and the Chief Justice of the United States did it together.
Presidential Oath of Office
Administered to Franklin D. Roosevelt by the Honorable Charles E. Hughes, Chief Justice of the United States.

Why make a religious oath if you are not member of a church?
0 Replies