Is the source of "goodness" an Absolute, or choice?

Brother James

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 01:44 pm
@Brother James,
In addition, and in an attempt to clarify myself. I am saying that when the mystics claim that God has no "name" by which he can be known, they are saying that the Reality of the Energy [the nature of that Energy] is such that it can ONLY be KNOWN by becoming that Energy. One with God, in other words. God being one, not other. This concept of an existence beyond the brain is disturbing to some, no doubt. But this disturbance is just the MIND seeking to retain itself in a position of dominance over the brain. But, again, this makes sense intellectually as an "abstract" idea, but I am not speaking of an idea, I am speaking of experiencing an altered state of Consciousness.
Peace
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 01:48 pm
@dalehileman,
For many "choice" is objective - even when there is no objective proof. Just observe humanity and their belief in their god(s).
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 01:51 pm
@Brother James,
That's a mouthful of gobligook.
Setanta

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 01:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Word
Brother James

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I take it you are saying that you do not comprehend what I have written. And that is OK. But, please realize that to mock another assumes that one knows more than the other does. This being the case, please enlighten me with your dissertation on the MIND and its operations within Man. Thanks.
Peace
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:11 pm
@Brother James,
The minds of human's are as varied as its potential.
Psychologists can classify them into groups, but it's still an imperfect "science."
As in economics, "experts" differ in their diagnosis and "treatments."
Don't be offended by my posts; it's my style and "weakness" in how I post on a2k.
If you disagree with what I say, please challenge it - and not how I say it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:15 pm
@Setanta,
Too lazy to spell check, but I'm sure everyone understood.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:18 pm
@Brother James,
Quote:
my belief that philosophers are given to Intellectualism is not only valid
Well Jim thank you for that term, it's not everyday……

I'm sure tht most of them are, and only our Intuition affords the rest of us hope

Quote:
the "unknown" is, well, unknown, and must be given a "name" to rise to existence [albeit an abstract one].
Very interesting observation Jim. I often observe--and nobody comments because it's presumably so very boring--that belief and abstraction are on parallel tracks from the concreteness of the sidewalk into a terminal at one end to the almost total transcendental of God in a white cloud at the other

Quote:
NSgy, or Neutral Spiritual Energy is my "name" for the Core Reality of existence.
But that bothers me as vague. I prefer to simply allow there's something profound about the Whole Schebang that we don't yet compfrehend. Of course I also feel that you and I and just few of others are closer to understanding it, merely by acknowledging it

I guess it might be called intuitional, or spiritual

Quote:
….a dimension of existence that is not capable of being discovered via the brain, or thinking
I sort of understand but disagree according to the general idea that nothing is entirely anything, while…..

We can continue to dance around it, coming closer and closer to definition
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:34 pm
@Brother James,
Quote:
God being one, not other.
I sort of halfway understand what you're trying to convey, my Intuition leaning toward it rather than away, our pantheistic view casting doubt on dualism

Quote:
I am speaking of experiencing an altered state of Consciousness.
The trick being to use more nearly concrete terms to describe the abstract, as if chatting with The Man On The Street (me). But your assertion that it's beyond the brain is troubling for several reasons; first because it's contradictory. If She weren't at least partly fathomable we couldn't talk about Her

I describe it as the reality of the abstract--yes I know, awfully vague

Quote:
I am speaking of experiencing an altered state of Consciousness
Yes, the ability to ever-so-slightly catch onto something without being able to describe it, the action of our Intuition, the suggestion that there's something more to the Big Picture than its mechanics
0 Replies

Brother James

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:34 pm
I have enjoyed visiting. Goodness is relative to bad, or evil. All duality is of the MIND. That was the original purpose of the MIND. That is, to facilitate the Soul [which is Absolute and thus composed of NSgy] and could not of itself interact with the various dimensions of Creation.
Original first choice of the Soul was not "Free will", but ordained by God in that all Souls had to enter the Creation. According to mystics, there are numberless Souls inhabiting the Astral and Causal planes, and they have no desire to commit to the cycle of birth and death.
And with each action a Soul takes [through use of its MIND and physical structure] it creates Karma, which the MIND collects and retains until a Soul can "complete" such Karma. My point is there is precious little free will.
But, again, thanks for the correspondence. I've enjoyed the interchanges, and wish all on this forum Peace.
Brother James
Setanta

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
What do you mean spell check? How do you spell word?
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
For many "choice" is objective - even when there is no objective proof. Just observe humanity and their belief in their god(s).

Cis, very profound observation. Interesting to note in this respect that many believers insist their "proofs of God" are 100 percent objective. Of course, the notion that "nothing is ….while….something else" offers it a certain validity
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 02:59 pm
@Brother James,
Quote:
I have enjoyed visiting.
Me too Jim, you're an engaging fellow

Quote:
Goodness is relative to bad, or evil. All duality is of the MIND.
But Jim, that's contradictory, itself dualistic, contrary to the general rule that "nothing….else"

Quote:
That was the original purpose of the MIND. That is, to facilitate the Soul [which is Absolute and thus composed of NSgy] and could not of itself interact with the various dimensions of Creation.
Also somewhat dualistic assertion as it seems to distinguish MIND from Soul

Quote:
Original first choice of the Soul was not "Free will", but ordained by God in that all Souls had to enter the Creation.
Maybe it's only me, Jim, but to the Average Clod (me) this somehow doesn't hang together, maybe just from a grammatical point of view; though I'm sure it contains some sort of Profound Meaning

Quote:
According to mystics, there are numberless Souls inhabiting the Astral and Causal planes, and they have no desire to commit to the cycle of birth and death.
You're way beyond me, Jim. Perhaps you could define your concept of SOUL using more common terms in short sentences of usual order

Quote:
…….My point is there is precious little free will.
Aha!!! Jim now you're on my plane. Indeed precious little; but is that the conclusion I should have been drawing from all that preceded

Code:But, again, thanks for the correspondence.
Me you and Cis

Quote:
I've enjoyed the interchanges, and wish all on this forum
Even those incljuding our skeptical buddy, …...

Quote:
Peace.
Joy

Quote:
Brother James
Comrade Dale
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2013 03:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Don't be offended by my posts; it's my style and "weakness" in how I post on a2k.
That's what I keep telling everybody 'bout my own
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 04:28:45