Tue 15 Jan, 2013 12:21 am
Cooking games are an excellent way to be creative with kids in the kitchen. The best kinds of games are, of course, secretly educational. The following game will allow you to introduce kids to the ideas of measurements and fractions while also making a tasty treat to share.
1. Prep! Set out ingredients for oatmeal cookies, including a small bowl for as many children as there are to participate.
2. Measure! Fill two of the measuring cups at random with oatmeal.
3. Be sneaky! Secretly pour one measuring cup into each of the childrens bowls without letting them see which cup was poured. Set up each of the empty measuring cups in front of them and carefully read each of the fractions out loud.
4. Guess! The child who correctly matches his or her amount with the correct measuring cup amount gets to mix the first two ingredients together!
5. Keep going! Play another round until all of the measurements are used up.
Thanks and Regards