Now I understand why Germans get annoyed, bothered, bugged or offended when they are called Nazis!

cicibebe

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 08:10 am
@djjd62,
Some men just like to watch the world burn. I provoke people to get a strong response. When I write politely, I don't get the responses that I want.

I feel like some topics are better explored when a little trolling is employed. (Sort of like our own God-given gadfly)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_gadfly
djjd62

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 08:13 am
@cicibebe,
cicibebe wrote:
Would you like someone to call you under educated, stubborn and troll?

as long as they don't call me late for dinner

but seriously, in the words of the late great rodney king, "ouch, those batons really hurt"

oh, sorry, i meant "can't we all just get along"
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 08:14 am
@cicibebe,
Now that's been outed, I'm just going to place you on ignore now.
cicibebe

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 08:15 am
@tsarstepan,
Why?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 08:27 am
@cicibebe,
I'll answer this one.

Why?!
cicibebe wrote:

Some men just like to watch the world burn. I provoke people to get a strong response. When I write politely, I don't get the responses that I want.

I feel like some topics are better explored when a little trolling is employed. (Sort of like our own God-given gadfly)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_gadfly

There are terms of unendearment I can use that fit this kind of very intentionally obnoxious behavior. I'll bite my fingers and leave them untyped.
cicibebe

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 08:32 am
@tsarstepan,
Then you must read "Social gadfly"
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 08:36 am
cicibebe you have succeeded admirably in your quest to provoke thought. Before this post I'm sure it never crossed anyone's mind that you're an asshole.
cicibebe

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 08:41 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Should be proud because I am called an asshole? Or should I feel sad?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 10:07 am
@cicibebe,
that's for you to decide. I could care less.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 12:20 pm
@cicibebe,
cicibebe wrote:

Then you must read "Social gadfly"

No. No I don't. Human beings have a VERY LIMITED TIME on Earth. I'm a slow reader and I have tons of books I actually WANT to read. I'm not reading a book based solely on the recommendation of 1: someone who's not a friend; 2: someone who takes immense pride in being an intentional jerkish troll; 3. someone whose opinion I don't respect and whose intellect I don't trust.

Now if you found a way to grant me true immortality then I would consider that read a notable reading assignment as I would have all the time in the world.

You aren't and will never be my college professor so I don't need to read this book in order to maintain a certain grade in class.
roger

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 01:15 pm
@tsarstepan,
Hey, it was working till you started quoting it.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 01:23 pm
@roger,
That's my biggest weakness here at a2k. I find it difficult to actually ignore the people I put on ignore. That's a minor Epic Fail ... (I suppose).
roger

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 02:39 pm
@tsarstepan,
I had the same problem for the longest time. I think I'm pretty much over it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 02:53 pm
It really helps me that i ignore people without using the ignore feature. It takes a good deal of self-discipline. Just don't read their bullshit. After a while, it gets easy. I don't even open a thread if one of those clowns is the last one to post. There are only a very few, too.
roger

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 03:30 pm
@Setanta,
It would be helpful if instead of showing the last poster, we could see the last poster not on ignore. That wouldn't help your system, though.
Setanta

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 03:32 pm
@roger,
Since i don't have anyone on ignore, i don't know what that looks like. If you have the last poster on ignore, what do you see?
roger

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 04:52 pm
@Setanta,
You see the ignored poster as the last poster. That leaves the possibility that someone has posted something after you last checked the thread, but is concealed by the other person. So, you check it out, and sure enough, it's just whatshisname blathering away again.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2017 12:17 pm
@roger,
Latest scandal regarding unbridled and allegedly unnecessary Nazi hate.

Watching internet Nazis get mad at Wolfenstein II is sadder than the game’s actual dystopia
https://i.imgur.com/tfs8nu3.jpg
Wait?! Nazis are/were the good guys all along??
0 Replies

kk4mds

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2017 04:40 pm
@cicibebe,
Quote:
Far from it. Germans don't like being called Nazis but they really are. That's what I am getting at.

Judging people by their cultural, racial, and national group is something that bigots, like Nazis, do. So, based on your statement you could very well be a Nazi or neo-Nazi, such as a Klansman or white supremacist.

Ergo, based on your statement, chances are that you are German.
0 Replies