Man cuts off penis and testicles

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 10:51 am
Sheesh! Wouldn't he have been better off using a padlock? ---BBB

A man who cut off his penis and testicles, was found running naked down a Canadian city street screaming "Repent, repent, fornicators."

The man was spotted running down the street in Penticton, British Columbia, wearing only a woolly hat.

Paramedics covered him in a sheet before taking him to hospital.

His severed penis and testicles were later found in his home.

It's not known if the body parts can be re-attached.

Police say the man was placed in custody under Canada's Mental Health Act, reports the Winnipeg Sun.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,333 • Replies: 15
No top replies

caprice

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 11:02 am
Wow. That just sends shivers!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 11:08 am
Mentally ill people sometimes mutilate themselves. Often the mutilation involves cutting or burning with cigarettes. Looks like this guy took it to extremes!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 11:42 am
This kind of self-mutilation is apparently not as uncommon as one might think. The Cathars were probably most famous for this practice. I suppose it's just another example of how a belief in radical Christianity and sin can make you insane.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 11:48 am
whew, and I hope just in time, I don't want this guy out there breeding any more like himself.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 01:36 pm
Your wish might just be being answered, Dys! A few months ago, I read somewhere that cases of dismemberment in Western countries (especially America) are on the increase due to two main reasons: people wanting to be eunuchs for strange æsthetic reasons, and due to religious fundamentalism...

I can't see the point.

0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 01:48 pm
cavfancier wrote:
This kind of self-mutilation is apparently not as uncommon as one might think. The Cathars were probably most famous for this practice. I suppose it's just another example of how a belief in radical Christianity and sin can make you insane.

They were? Care to provide a reference? I have never heard of that aspect of Catharism. LaDurie's study of inquisition records in the Montaillou region would surely have turned up this grisly practice if it were common. I would also expect Malcolm Lambert's 1977 study, or Carol Lansing's 1998 study to have mentioned this.
To be clear, I do not disagree with the theme of your last sentence, but I do have doubts about your example.
Thanks.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 02:16 pm
Oops, hobitbob, I may indeed have used the wrong sect. I'll have to go back through my books.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 02:31 pm
No problem. I wasn't trying to be insulting, I was just curious.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 04:11 pm
reminds me of the tv-spot for "red rose tea" ,where the lord upon finding out that red rose tea is not available in merry old england says "only in canada you say ? PITY ! ". we're tough up here in the cold northern part of the world ! hbg
0 Replies

BWShooter

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 01:17 pm
dròm_et_rêve wrote:

I can't see the point.

no one can, he cut it off *rimshot
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 01:19 pm
Been there.... done that.
0 Replies

Brini Maxwell

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 02:18 pm
Re: Man cuts off penis and testicles
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Sheesh! Wouldn't he have been better off using a padlock? ---BBB

A man who cut off his penis and testicles, was found running naked down a Canadian city street screaming "Repent, repent, fornicators.

Another convert from "The Passion"?
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 12:31 pm
I personaly know a male to female transexual that used a Skilsaw to do self-sexual reversal surgery. Fortunately, she survived and now enjoys the actual remedial surgery. The only side affect of the remedial surgery is loss of feeling in her feet. Being a sufferer of extreme dyslexia with the loss of feeling in her feet must make getting around really hard for her is several ways.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 01:21 pm
Wiyaka wrote:
I personaly know a male to female transexual that used a Skilsaw to do self-sexual reversal surgery. Fortunately, she survived and now enjoys the actual remedial surgery. The only side affect of the remedial surgery is loss of feeling in her feet. Being a sufferer of extreme dyslexia with the loss of feeling in her feet must make getting around really hard for her is several ways.

Spit... Choke... Choke ... Laugh... Cough! Whew! Dang!

Was gonna comment, but I can't now!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 02:19 pm
well thhats 1003 uses for a Skilsaw. This entire discussion is like hearing about someone getting kicked in the nads. It sends a shiver up every guys spine and a grabbing sensation in the tummy. I am sufficiently creeped , thank you.....

HOLD THE MEATBALLS PLEase!!
0 Replies