What kind of business license do I need for an internet business or ebay business?

Thu 3 Jan, 2013 02:58 am
Hello Friends,

I am planning a business. I will start out with baskets for new babies and if all goes well I will make the extra investment for wedding baskets, and then so on and forth. By baskets I mean gift baskets. I have researched local business license, but I am not sure if a local business is the right way to go, so I am thinking internet or Ebay. What kind of license do you need for these types of businesses. What kind of business license do I need for an internet business or ebay business?

Thanks In Advance,
Bianca Moretti
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 3,906 • Replies: 7
Topic Closed
No top replies

tsarstepan

Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:49 am
@Bianca Moretti,
You'll need a 00 license to kill from MI6.
0 Replies

StevenShamar

Thu 2 May, 2013 10:49 pm
@Bianca Moretti,
Hello Friends,

The requirements vary according to your state. Call the business license office for your county and just ask them if you need a business license to operate an internet store. I live in Georgia, and in my county, you do.

Thanks and Regards,
Steven Shamar
0 Replies

Amedeo

Fri 3 May, 2013 11:12 pm
Do you want to start a online website business on Ebay..

And want to sell the ebay's products from that website..
0 Replies

John456

Thu 5 Sep, 2013 09:34 am
I am also interested in such type of business and my requirement is a bit different from him. I am planning to start online business and looking for information.
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 5 Sep, 2013 09:54 am
Oh look, all the bots are talking to one another. What are you doing here, Tsar?
0 Replies

Mulanli

Thu 19 Sep, 2013 04:15 am
Hello friends,

If you sell stuff online, you'll need a "certificate of resale," but you don't need one for Ebay. You need other licenses for services other than selling.You do not need a business license to sell on eBay.

There are many good reasons for an eBay seller to become a bona fide business and obtain a business license. The primary reason is so you can deal directly with distributors and wholesalers. The first question they will ask when you apply to be one of their dealers is, “What is your EIN tax number?” If you do not have a tax number, they will not sell to you and your new eBay venture is stalled. You obtain your EIN tax number with a business license. So let’s get you legal and licensed as easily and inexpensively as possible.
0 Replies

Mulanli

Fri 27 Sep, 2013 01:23 am
@Bianca Moretti,
Hello
dear @Bianca Moretti
If you sell stuff online, you'll need a "certificate of resale," but you don't need one for Ebay. You need other licenses for services other than selling.You do not need a business license to sell on eBay. Your EIN tax number with a business license. So let’s get you legal and licensed as easily and inexpensively as possible.Contrary to popular belief, a business license is fairly easy and inexpensive to obtain if you know where, what and how to file all the required forms. Best of all, you do not need to pay expensive attorney fees.
0 Replies