does my ex still like?

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 02:42 pm
going back about 7 months ago i was in a relationship with a 32 year old man(i'm 29) and everything was going great between us and i was very happy to be with him and he seemed happy as well. he used 2 tell me that he loved me, that he wanted kids with me(even though we were only together for about a month) and how much he wanted to be there for me where loosing my mum was concerned(she passed away 2 months ago at this point). after about 3 weeks he seemed to change and i got the impression he wasn't interested any more. i asked him what was wrong and he finished it with me saying that he didn't have time for me because of his job( he runs a pub) and how much he doesn't trust women after his ex wife cheated on him. i saw this as being a big of a cheap cop out because if these were genuine reasons then why would he ask me out in the begining. on a more positive note he said he wanted to be friends and about 3 weeks after we split up we went for a drink as friends and he even said he wanted to go for another drink again sometime. i agreed to this and text him another 2 weeks or so after this asking if he wanted to go for a drink again like he suggested. it seemed like he was ignoring my text but just in case i got the wrong impression i text him again another week down the line. yet again i got no response.this behaviour continued for another few weeks after. feeling very confussed to why he'd be like this as it was him who suggested about meeting up for a drink in the begining, i text him asking him what was wrong and could we talk about stuff because i'm feeling very confussed. to my surprise he actually text back this time saying that we could talk. when we met up to have a talk about why he was ignoring me he hardly had anything to say to me which made me more confussed and angery with him as like i said, it was HIM who wanted to stay mates. to cut a long story straight, things come to a head and he made me so angery that i ended up throwing a drink in his face. went back in the pub where he works about 2 month after this when i thought things would have died down and he didn't seem like he wanted to speak to me. i was ok with this as at least i knew where i stood. another 2 month after this i went back in there again and yet again he didn't seem to speak. this time another guy was flirting with me in the pub and i got the impression that he felt a little awkward. anyway, i went in the pub again back the other day and to my surprise he seemed really chatty towards me almost as if nothing had happened between us in the past. he seemed to talk to me like the way he use to talk just before we got together. i feel a little confussed about his reactions because if you look at the situation over all. first he asked me out, we go out for a month with him saying all these nice things to me about having kids ect, then he goes cold on me and eventually finishing it with me, then he wants to be mates, then he ignores me as a mate and doesn't talk for about 6 months after this which 1 time looking really awkward when someone his flirting with me, and now hes really chatty towards me. does this mean hes just making an effort to be friends or does it mean that he still wants me. if so do i say something to him or not as i still like him as well and never wanted to split up from him in the begining. i'm also wondering if him looking awkward the time this guy flirted ment that he was jealous
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,527 • Replies: 36

jespah

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 03:54 pm
@jolee1983,
Surely there are other pubs. Why not go to one of 'em?
PUNKEY

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 04:01 pm
@jolee1983,
He runs a pub. He has seen the likes of you before and is not impressed.

Change pubs.
jolee1983

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 03:43 pm
@PUNKEY,
what do u mean hes seen the likes of me before and hes not impressed. you cheeky little ****. that wasn't the question. if you're going to respond to this then read what i typed properly
jolee1983

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 03:45 pm
@jespah,
because they're **** and my mates go to this pub. don't think you read my post proprly sorry
Mame

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 03:47 pm
@jolee1983,
I agree with you - that was rude and uncalled for. However, my opinion is I have no idea what he wants with you but I wouldn't give him the time of day again. I think he's treated you abominably and you deserve better. Blow the bastid off (and don't even acknowledge he's in the room) and have fun with other people, especially in his bar Smile

BTW, next time you type that much, please put it in several paragraphs. It's so heard to keep your place in the paragraph when it's so huge.

Much appreciated.
jespah

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 04:03 pm
@jolee1983,
I read it just fine.

Never throw yourself at someone who's not interested.
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 04:04 pm
@jolee1983,
You will have a better chance of people reading your post properly - and taking you more seriously - if you write properly. As well as paragraphs, some punctuation, capital letters and attention to basic spelling would help you. Even the title of the post doesn't make sense.
Mame

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 05:35 pm
@Pearlylustre,
Well, my only real question is, how can you call someone you dated for one month an 'ex'? Not really.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 07:54 pm
@jolee1983,
Jolee.

I imagine if he runs a pub, you only got to see him a handful of times throughout that month..

I also imagine that a guy running a pub, that has pick up written all over it, as lets face it another guy flirted with you, this guy did as well at some point, has the opportunity of having alot of "short relationships".

The fact that he does not like his ex, that she cheated on him that he is 32 and not in a serious relationship, to me suggests that he doesn't want a serious relationship rather short flings....

"People" will tell you all sorts of things to get what they want.

I imagine given it was only one month you possibly slept together pretty fast.

Given he started talking to you after he saw a guy flirt with you and you take that, it sounds as if he purely, feels comfortable now that you are not going to try to form a relationship again, as he doesn't want one.

Don't go back there. It sounds as if you feel used, and probably so, so why torture yourself.
0 Replies

jolee1983

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 11:31 am
@Mame,
what the hell is that suppose to mean hahaha. i had a relationship for a month and then we split up. i think that pretty much means that hes an ex hahaha
jolee1983

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 11:35 am
@Mame,
sorry if you found it a little hard to read but your answer is probably the best 1 so far. thanks xx
0 Replies

jolee1983

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 11:39 am
@Pearlylustre,
ok so i'm not the greatest speller but thats not what the post was about though was it
Pearlylustre

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 03:18 pm
@jolee1983,
And my post wasn't about spelling either. I was trying to be helpful - people will understand your post better and take you more seriously if you write properly.
Mame

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 06:02 pm
@jolee1983,
I disagree entirely. A month is time to get to know someone, to see if you'd be compatible, etc. It's not what I would call a 'relationship'. A relationship is ongoing; a month is hardly ongoing. A month is just the start of dating.
jolee1983

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 06:20 pm
@Mame,
i kind of expected to get some kind of understanding answer not how long a relationship actually is. think you're going off the subject a bit
jolee1983

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 06:23 pm
@Pearlylustre,
i advise you to go and take some kind of reading classes if i was you because someone else who replyed to my post undrstoood it fine
Pearlylustre

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 06:27 pm
@jolee1983,
I understood your post as well but you don't seem to be understanding the point of mine.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 06:32 pm
@Pearlylustre,
Quote:
And my post wasn't about spelling either. I was trying to be helpful - people will understand your post better and take you more seriously if you write properly.

That's ignorance of the highest order, PL.

People who are hurting have to have a manuscript that's ready for publication??
Pearlylustre

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 06:39 pm
@JTT,
No, it was the OP who said in the first place that someone hadn't understood her post. She will get more serious responses if she bothers to put a litle more care into how she writes. I'm only talking about the level of punctuation that is taught in primary school.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » does my ex still like?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/12/2024 at 12:18:33