why Sin, and What is Sin ?

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 12:24 am
What do you think Sin really is, is it only religious ?

Richard1990

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 12:47 am
@mashie44,
Sin is the breaking of GOD's law. If GOD says Do not lie and you lie then you have broken His law and sinned. When you sin, you offend GOD because it is His law that you have broken.
Don't do this !
Setanta

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 02:34 am
@mashie44,
Yes, it is only religious. Some "sins" also happen to be crimes, but that is only coincidence.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 06:41 am
why Sin, and What is Sin ?

a really bad video game
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 07:44 am
@mashie44,
Sin is whatever makes you really happy. Of course, really happy people don't get to go to heaven.

maxdancona

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 07:46 am
@Richard1990,
Which God are you talking about?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 07:49 am
@maxdancona,
I suspect he's talking about the one TRUE god, Cthulhu.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 07:53 am
@tsarstepan,
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFA4TKzhhhL5QnsmE31HMMqY-qwRgidxw_OGTxgyeDhGIdIUaT
0 Replies

shogg0th

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 03:11 pm
For some reason I was drawn to this thread.....
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 03:16 pm
@mashie44,
My favorite sins are women, scotch and poker. The downside is that they all compete for my money.

nothingtodo

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 11:56 pm
@maxdancona,
Heaven is strange thing to bounce sin debate off, its been a long time since Christianity bounced that off others, they do not these days feel the agony as often as they did of what happened to force such sacrifice, which people ignore entirely either way it seems. Bah, People.

Heaven it seems, is merely for the choosing to want 'better' any-way.
Ye' Angels are irritated often, as puppy people look up with clawing desires to be equally blessed, as you all seem to do, even in your prostateless 'asm'.
0 Replies

mashie44

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 02:37 am
thanks for your replies here is my opinion, Sin is only religious. but however morals is not. we got to know about morals from religion. but it doesn't mean morals cannot exist without Religion. religion taught us doing something opposite to religion is considered as a Sin. and i found this article about Sin. please read and tell me what you think about it

Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
maxdancona

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 08:38 am
@mashie44,
That's .... um.... interesting. The link (which will be removed shortly I expect) describes how sin stems from the the evolution of "nerve-based consciousness" and how they have a video describing how some biologist discovered the real "solution". They are selling the way to "freedom".

This is sillier than most religions.
nothingtodo

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 12:26 pm
@maxdancona,
Interesting view.

Does it strike you as true that sin emerged from a life form which went about doing what it did, IE: Eat, rest etc... Perhaps as slightly multicellular life, then suddenly one taught the rest through purely being randomly taught, via some external input, that to betray the rules of life feels good?

IE:
One of those organisms stood square up and fell over on another and enjoyed it.
Much like bieber might into the crowd? One day perhaps, as I think Axle Rose did due to his very tight pants.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 01:58 pm
@nothingtodo,
Human beings are really no different than any other animal (or at least any other vertebrate) in that we like to do what feels good.

The correct word for this is "nature" (not "sin").

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 06:39 pm
@maxdancona,
Well, this solves the Max gender question I had...I think.
0 Replies

nothingtodo

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 06:46 pm
@maxdancona,
Perhaps you are right, until you insert one mind atop another and one did not want nature, one wanted advancement and knowledge, then we have a struggle, its funny to them, you can be isolated for disagreeing with nature, even called weak and inferior for not wanting to rape, what do you make of that?

If they fill that bucket with those, then there's a hostility upon them, that's also funny, A life of being raped, laughed at and attacked awaits for disagreeing, tolerable beyond Freud thinks its OK to screw your mother, if your daughter does not cop it, then the world thinks its all ok because its a mess.So long as that mess distracts from the agreeing parties who run amock saying they are greater for who they steal... Morons...

Sin is defined as 'what your not looking at and what you do not hope has the place', Hell is me... You whinge easily about your 'concerns' human.

Nature is merely the toy which these things vanish as it screams 'we are better than this!'
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 06:48 pm
@mashie44,
Sin is defined as An immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.

So yes, it requires religion for it's literal application.

However, there is, I'm sure, many an atheist who has used the term, casually, to describe, a bad deed.

A truly immoral act will be seen as such by believers and non-believers alike.

Murder for example. One doesn't have to believe in The Devine to appreciate that murder (as opposed to killing) is immoral.

Setanta

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 08:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I believe in Andy Devine, and i never refer to so-called immoral acts as sin.

http://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/andy-devine.jpg
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 11:09 pm
@mashie44,
mashie44 wrote:
What do you think Sin really is, is it only religious ?

I think some acts harm people more than they help them. We shouldn't commit such acts for that reason. If we commit them anyway, that's a sin, especially when we do it deliberately. So, no, I don't think it's only religious --- and my dictionary agrees with me.