:(

ossobuco

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 11:28 pm
Wendy's? The Wendy's? Yeccccccch?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 11:37 pm
<sadly shaking head>

Here in WA we still have Tim's Cascade Chips, the best potato chips in the world. (I know, this is apropos of nothing EXCEPT his name is TIM)
http://www.birdseyefoods.com/productImg/tims/jalapeno.gif
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 11:48 pm
Oh, we have those here, very good, I do admit. Possibly to die for, literally, full of salt as they are, which is the way I like them. Crisp, not too greasy, but not deadly dull. Perfect, you know?

Crunch, crackle, brrrr, slurp, snap.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 11:52 pm
You do? I thought they were strictly PNW.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 02:40 am
You think I am not PNW? Sigh....
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 09:12 am
uh-oh...

Well, hmmm, in that old novel, Ecotopia, Northern California was part of the Washington-Oregon axis.

my mistake... mea culpa
0 Replies

K e v i n

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 01:03 pm
I think those chips are the same as ms. Vickies kettle style or something. Havent seen any ms. vickies chips for a while.

Do they use sea salt?

I think that "ol' fashion" style of chips use sea salt, but i could be way off
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 04:13 pm
Dammit - if you canna get Vietnamese food in your neck of the woods, get out of the goddamn woods...

Now I am hungry.....waaaah - I am going out for lunch, but it won't be Vietnamese - and now I WANT it!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 06:11 pm
hmmmmm
i was wondering why i was craving Vietnamese for lunch

one of the many things i love about toronto is that, even in the food court below the tower i work in, i can get good vietnamese and greek, decent italian and japanese (3 different places in less than a 5 minute walk), amazing chinese (the soups are stupendous, and less than $5 canajun for a portion for 2) take-away. Forget about the Wendy's, the line-ups are at Kim's at lunch. Oh, and this little place called Bagel Boys - that has a cook from Guyana, who makes some extraordinary curries. Oooooooh, and in the CP tower - an Indian takeaway that does killer eggplant every day (different varieties each day of the week).

mmmmmmmmm, pho!

k e v i n, miss vickie's is everywhere - you can even get their product at No Frills now.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 07:01 pm
Oooooooooooh, sounds good! My vietnamese chef friend used to do one fantastic dish after another. Sob. He went back to his Chinese roots, good food but not the complete sublimeness that his Vn cooking was. Besides, he's in Arizona now.

My area has fairly poor restaurants, from a long time foody person's point of view, but really fantastic local ingredients.
Since I can cook ok myself it isn't a reason to move... quite yet. Would like to go to San Francisco area more though, lots of great places there. Paul Bertolli's Oliveto in Oakland, for example. This guy makes his own balsamico, and lots of other things, is very into ferreting out old recipes/procedures. I've eaten there once. Just once. Only once. I could go there again, I could. If I were nearby. Again.

Here - http://www.oliveto.com/reviews.html
PB on balsamico, here -
http://www.taunton.com/finecooking/pages/c00038.asp
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » :(
  3. » Page 6
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 07:26:57