Stop Calling Me a Troll

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2012 06:15 pm
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KAKIXEwayIE/Tx_c2mv3WmI/AAAAAAAAAeM/F17mVc8RTbs/s1600/Unique.jpg
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2012 06:52 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

Yes, I looked, dumbass. Nevertheless, when you create a thread with that title, YOU MAKE THE THREAD ABOUT YOURSELF.

I did not write the title..though I did enjoy copy/pasting it.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2012 08:28 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

I agree with Engineer and DrewDad. I don't find Hawkeye to be a troll,

Er... then you don't agree with me.

He doesn't troll every thread, the way JTT does, but he trolls plenty of them.
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2012 08:32 pm
@DrewDad,
I stand corrected.

I think I meant to say I agree with Mame, who sorta agreed with you, but let me just say I agree with Engineer and leave it at that.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 03:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
You, me, and everyone else is going to be labeled something by someone. It doesn't make you what that label is. I appreciate the passion for your cause but unless you want to start controlling freedom of speech, it's going to continue to be a part of life.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 06:32 pm
@Arella Mae,
my cause is free speech and the discovery of truth and excessive use of the label "troll" with the express interest of ignoring ideas which are not wanted gets in the way of that. my point is not to complain about being call a troll myself, it is to mock and demean those who run around labeling any disturbers of the peace "trolls".
Nel

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 08:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

my cause is free speech and the discovery of truth and excessive use of the label "troll" with the express interest of ignoring ideas which are not wanted gets in the way of that. my point is not to complain about being call a troll myself, it is to mock and demean those who run around labeling any disturbers of the peace "trolls".

If truly your cause is free speech then you shouldn't run around mocking and demeaning people who run around labeling any disturbers of the peace as "trolls," as it is their right under the right of free speech to do so, just as trolls have the right under free speech to disturb the peace (but that doesn't always mean freedom from accountability).
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 08:46 pm
@Nel,
accountability=mocking and demeaning those who make poor choices.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 11:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
Free speech is free speech... if you can't handle being mocked for your dumb ideas, then maybe you shouldn't be an Internet warrior.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2012 11:25 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Free speech is free speech... if you can't handle being mocked for your dumb ideas, then maybe you shouldn't be an Internet warrior.
i can handle it just fine, but i will always work to make the collective better, in this case to make the conversation higher quality.
Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 03:46 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

What a f*cking drama queen.

You constantly whine about free speech and yet here, in a privately owned space, your speech is free. As for truth, you wouldn't know the truth if it came up and bit you in the hind end. This is just an internet bulletin board, drama queen, you don't disturb the peace. You truly have an incredibly over-inflated sense of your own significance.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 08:44 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

DrewDad wrote:

i can handle it just fine, but i will always work to make the collective better, in this case to make the conversation higher quality.

Laughing
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 11:02 am
@Setanta,
Robert himself says that I am dispised, others have said that people went away because I am here...if they are right then I am very significant.

But kudos to you for yet again working to make a thread all about me.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 06:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Tell me, please, exactly how is your mocking and demeaning others any different than what you are accusing them of doing?
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 07:47 pm
@Arella Mae,
They are promoting closed mindedness and shuttung down conversation where as I am promoting open mindedness and the free flow of ideas Drunk
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 07:56 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

They are promoting closed mindedness and shuttung down conversation where as I am promoting open mindedness and the free flow of ideas Drunk

So in other words, you think you get to impose your freedom of speech over theirs because you have decided you are right and they are wrong.

Sorry, but if you think you are 'above' others and can mock and demean them because they don't agree with you, don't be complaining they call you a troll or anything else. If you live in a glass house, don't throw stones...................etc., etc., etc.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 09:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
I am very significant unpleasant.

There, I fixed that for you.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 09:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Robert himself says that I am dispised, others have said that people went away because I am here...if they are right then I am very significant.

But kudos to you for yet again working to make a thread all about me.

You make it sound like that's a good thing.................being despised and others leaving to get away from you.................doesn't say anything good at all. I think you are thinking a bit too highly of yourself, Hawkeye.

People shouldn't call others names, no, none of us should do it but people shouldn't be acting like trolls, jackbutts, etc., either.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 11:21 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
You make it sound like that's a good thing.................being despised and others leaving to get away from you.................doesn't say anything good at all. I think you are thinking a bit too highly of yourself, Hawkeye.
i did not make it sound like a good thing or a bad thing, i simply gave a statement of fact which nails set's assertion to the wall.

Quote:
People shouldn't call others names, no, none of us should do it

why? my opinion is that we have the opposite problem, people are not called out enough which leaves them weak and unprepared through lack of practice to defend their beliefs. i dont have any problem with name calling per se, i have a problem with those who weaken the collective by stifling conversation, often through the use of name calling and summoning lynch mobs.
Setanta

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 05:29 am
@hawkeye10,
Once again, you're a drama queen. That you are despised is not evidence that you are significant. That people left here because of you is also not evidence that you are significant. This is an online bulletin board, try developing a sense of proportion. You don't use your real name, and you are not the subject of conversations by large groups of people with significant influence in politics, society or business . . . basically you are, as are the rest of us, just another online nobody. In your case, a nobody with an overinflated sense of your own significance.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 11:08:09