How do you get a man to iron his own clothes?

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 10:35 am
How do you get a man to iron his own clothes?

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_885036.html?menu=news.quirkies.businessquirkies
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,009 • Replies: 20
No top replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 07:48 pm
Whenever my wife asks me to clean up my clothes, or put my dishes in the sink, I just explain to her that I don't care. For some reason, it just doesn't seem to sink in.
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 08:59 pm
1. It is important that a man helps you around the house and has a job.

2. It is important that a man makes you laugh.

3. It is important to find a man you can count on and doesn't lie to you.

4. It is important that a man loves you and spoils you.

5. It is important that these four men don't know each other.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 10:14 pm
and how many men does it take to wallpaper an average sized home?

It depends on how thinly you slice them.......
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 10:18 pm
Ew...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 01:10 am
Iron? He can iron his own shirts or take them to the cleaners. Or throw them out.

My ex, and not ex for this reason, ironed from time to time, and also took some items to the cleaners. I iron in great spurts once a year or so, and did when I was married to him too. That is most fun when the ironing board is already up and music is on and there is a window with view to look out of.

Ironing as a job, not the best job but also not the worst, unless in sweatshop conditions. Ironing for the family including the sheets, etc.... well, do you have a handless family?

I have spent a lot of years watching other people raise kids who never did anything around the house. It was of course not those kids' but their parents' house, by finances and action. I think this causes dissociation.
I also think that some level of involvement in decision making, at least listening to opinions, is important from children. At least a level of discussion, appropriate to age.

Everybody should contribute to and be involved in the life of the house.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 07:56 am
I guess I am lucky. My husband irons more than I do and he is better at it than me! He even irons his jeans. I guess that is what happens when you have been in the military.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 09:06 am
LinkAt
Hi, Linkat, welcome to A2K; glad to have you here---and that gem of a husband.

BBB
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 09:13 am
Thanks for the welcome BBB.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 09:20 am
I used to do the ironing for urs and me, but then I got lazy and found a lady who'd do our ironing for money! Perfect!
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 09:28 am
i don't iron, but i want to see what happens when it heats up! Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 09:31 am
Having been obliged to iron all of my clothing before the introduction of "permanent press," i'm dedicated to avoiding the ironing board at all costs.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 06:42 am
While all we men are busy ironing, I think, this could be of interest to the beloved wife/female partner:

swing into spring cleaning!

(I have some [cooking, house care, etc] books from the late 19th century - such headline was already common in those days :wink: )
0 Replies

K e v i n

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 08:34 pm
I really dont care if my clothes are ironed or not. I figure, I have to wear the clothes, so if I dont care if their ironed, noone else should
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 08:40 pm
What's an iron?
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 08:42 pm
I agree with you Kevin!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 07:09 pm
It takes an Italian Man to make a Woman feel like a Woman
It takes an Italian Man to make a Woman feel like a Woman.

On a recent transatlantic flight, a plane passes through a severe storm. The turbulence is awful, and things go from bad to worse when one wing is struck by lightning.

One woman in particular loses it. Screaming, she stands up in the front of the plane. "I'm too young to die," she wails. Then she yells, "well, if I'm going to die, I want my last minutes on earth to be memorable! Is there ANYONE on this plane who can make me feel like a WOMAN?"

For a moment there is silence. Everyone has forgotten their own peril. They all stared, riveted, at the desperate woman in the front of the plane.

Then an Italian man stands up in the rear of the plane. He is gorgeous: tall, well built, with dark brown hair and hazel eyes. He starts to walk slowly up the aisle, unbuttoning his shirt, one button at a time.

No one moves.

He removes his shirt. Muscles ripple across his chest.

She gasps!

He whispers.

"Iron this, and get me something to eat...."
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 07:12 pm
K e v i n wrote:
I really dont care if my clothes are ironed or not. I figure, I have to wear the clothes, so if I dont care if their ironed, noone else should

I feel the same way, but my wife insists on ironing my clothes because *she* wants them ironed.

What am I (a man of the 21st century) to do.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 07:20 pm
I feel your pain ebrown...

(curious, what does the "E" stand for?)
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 07:23 pm
Entelligent.
0 Replies