• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,608 • Replies: 10
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2012 12:38 pm
@dalehileman,
It's my favorite rendition of Law and Order. I really love Detective Robert Goren. He's the Sherlock Holmes of the 21st century.

And Kathryn Erbe's Detective Alexandra Eames is the perfect (and yes equal to Goren) sidekick and conscious.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2012 12:42 pm
@dalehileman,
Personally I find it to be one of the few crime shows I watch regularly and (because of character and story depth) enjoy even watching the repeats. Same thing applies for me to CSI: Vegas. Both are reliable, believable acting and varied content.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2012 12:48 pm
I like Law and Order in general, but love Vincent D'onofrio in all his twitchy quirkiness. I also really like Katherine Erbe in all of her down-to-earth competence.
djjd62

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2012 03:57 pm
i often have criminal intent but rarely act on it
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2012 04:38 pm
@djjd62,
Be careful DJ. Tom Cruise still works on the Precrime Squad.
http://i49.tinypic.com/2zhfc6p.jpg
Ragman

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2012 07:22 pm
@tsarstepan,
Protect your couches.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 12:58 pm
@aidan,
Do I recall an episode in which two women--sisters?--were poisoned with attendant facial disfigurement in which our two investigator principals reached certain immediate conclusions from only the scantiest of evidence
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 01:27 pm
I really enjoyed D'Onofrio and Erbe. I did find though that Donofrio's "schticks" were beginning to wear thin after a number of years.

I loved Chris Noth on the old Law & Order. I think that the years were not too kind to him, and that he was awful on C.I. Jeff Goldblum was another story. I think that he was wonderful, and was sorry when he left. Anybody know why?
dalehileman

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 01:40 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Quote:
Donofrio's "schticks" were beginning to wear thin
Interesting Nix that you should so assert as coincidentally I agree most wholeheartedly. For want of a better term I call it over-acting; while I wonder if you'd also agree that some of his dialogues get 'way too lengthy and involved

Incidentally returning to the poisoning episode, does anyone remember it or am I thinking of another such prog
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2012 01:48 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I also loved Chris Noth on the old L&O, but much less so on Criminal Intent--although I'm enjoying him now on The Good Wife.

I found D'Onofrio's twitchiness and mannerisms very annoying after a while, but Erbe was perfect, and a good compliment to D'Onofrio.

And, I agree with you about Goldblum, he was great.

0 Replies