Looking for a friend who is glad to chat

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 08:45 am
I am sara, from China. I am looking for a friend who is glad to share your life, culture, happy or unhappy things in English.
If you would like, add my skype: sara5577. Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,224 • Replies: 7
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2012 12:55 pm
@Sara5577,
Don't know Sara what a skype is, but very glad to chat

What would you like to discuss
cherrie

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 05:50 am
@dalehileman,
Nothing, apparently.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 05:54 am
@dalehileman,
Quote:
Skype is a proprietary voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) service and software application.

The service allows users to communicate with peers by voice using a microphone,
video by using a webcam, and instant messaging over the Internet.
(wiki)
dalehileman

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 11:46 am
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
Skype is a proprietary voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) service and software application.
Thank you Reg, it isn't everyday……
While of course I've no excuse

Yet reading the Wiki link I'm still somewhat in the dark. I gather it's a sort of telephone system including video, science fiction when I was a kid. Today however I had come to understand that sort of thing already to be almost universal and so wondering whether in common words in short sentences whether someone might explain what makes it so special all at once
djjd62

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 12:30 pm
@dalehileman,
while i don't get the video thing myself, the one advantage that skype as a basic phone call over the internet has, is it's a relatively inexpensive (free to minimal cost) way to talk to folks in other countries
dalehileman

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 12:52 pm
@djjd62,
Thanks again Dj, I gathered as much but now then why doesn't everybody do it

I have a feeling however that it requires many more keystrokes, supposing also it's not accessible to services such as 911

As for keystrokes it's remarkable to observe about Americans we're so intrigued by it all that we will put up with almost any inconvenience, the extra keystrokes giving us a feeling of confidence, accomplishment, ability, prowess

Thus Mac's editing-routine writers feel under no duress, giving us the impression they must be savant capable of programming but otherwise having an IQ of 17.5 or less, unable to read or understand the language above 1st-grade, and somehow unfamiliar with qwerty

But speaking of keystrokes, Admin, if it's at all feasible please please please PLEASE give us a scroll bar in the sub. and ed. windows

Edited to add, and please PLEASE provide a means to space between words under the BB Code

Oh and if by chance one of Mac's factotums is listening: The spacebar is the long one at the bottom; also on many keyboards it isn't labeled. But do keep at it

Incidentally today I understand your boss will award you a prize if you discover another way to delete the user's entire posting with the single inadvertent keystroke
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 01:25 pm
@djjd62,
please, please, PLEASE, GUYS

Oops i see in the meantime you've fixed it, thanks Admin for the quick work

But now you must understand why that 15-min. editing rule has to be extended--gosh, Admin, give us at least 3 hours to edit, sometimes it's so very embarrasssing

please, please, please, PLEASE
0 Replies