Sour grapes

DrewDad

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 08:41 am
Saw this update this morning:

Quote:
Once upon a time, a sounder of wild pigs lived in a wooded area. Within their home there was a clearing. One day the pigs noticed a pile of wonderfully sweet corn had been left there. Unable to pass up what appeared to be a wonderfully free meal, and thinking it is much easier to eat this than to search for and scavenge their own food, the pigs set
tled in for a feast. For the next several days, this free bounty appeared for them each day, and the pigs became quite content in their newly found free food, and lack of a need to work. After a week, as the sounder of pigs entered the clearing, they noticed something different. There was a gleaming section of what appeared to be short trees and vines in the clearing, near their daily feast of corn. The pigs entered the clearing, and approached cautiously. It was a little unusual. The short trees were slender and perfectly straight but had no leaves. However thin vines with sharp thorns grew between the trees. The pigs were a bit apprehensive. However, the corn smelled awfully delicious. The pigs slowly went to the corn, looked back at the gleaming trees, turned back and started eating. Nothing unusual happened, so the next day the pigs paid no attention to the gleaming object. Every few days the gleaming plant of slender trees and vines appeared to grow, slowly curving around the pigs daily feast of corn. The pigs quickly accepted the addition to the clearing and thought little of it anymore. Eventually the gleaming plants had completely encircled the delicious corn except for one small opening. The pigs at this point paid no attention, happily and willingly stepping through this small opening, and lazily feasting upon the free bounty to which they had become accustomed. The pigs were so absorbed in their feast that they did not notice a human had entered the clearing and was approaching the opening. Suddenly, there was a sharp clashing sound. The startled pigs looked toward the sound, and noticed the human, and that where once there had been an opening, gleaming thorned vines and slender plants had filled that space. At first the pigs squealed loudly and ran about frantically, looking for another opening, but none was to be found. But the corn was still there, and one by one the pigs calmly went back to their free corn, and started eating, forgetting completely about their situation.

Take away what you want from this little allegory. I simply hope you are able to learn from it.

My first thought was, "I learned never to come to your house for Thanksgiving...."

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 08:56 am
@DrewDad,
I only learned that the person who composed this update doesn't know a thing about creating readable paragraphs. I don't have the patience to read a large chunk of text like this alleged pointless allegory.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 10:05 am
So, this means that the corporate farmers, defense contractors, shipping companies and other capitalist operations who have been feeding at the public trough for generations better beware?
DrewDad

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 10:27 am
@Setanta,
The really funny part of this is that this guy used to work for NASA....
0 Replies