Hitler Hate Speeches

Roswell

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 03:48 pm
Good evening,

I am writing to you to ask for a little help. I am an English Philology student from Lithuania and in my annual paper I am going to analyse one Hitler hate speech. I found many of his speeches on the Internet but I failed to find at least one that could be described as hate speech (a speech directed, for example, against Jews, America or Russia / SSRS).

So I wanted to ask you maybe, if you know, you could tell me where I could find his hate speeches’ tapescripts?

That you for your time and understanding.

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 04:16 pm
@Roswell,
Certainly an interesting assignment. But I have a feeling that Hitler didn't make too many actual "hate" speeches. The ones I'm aware of were all of the Heute Deutschland, morgen das Welt variety, meant to inspire the Herrenvolk to greater glory rather than belittle their enemies. I could be wrong but I think you'll have a problem finding a true "hate" speech.

0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 05:36 pm
For your paper in English philology you're going to analyze a speech by Hitler? You realize Hitler didn't speak English, don't you?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 03:27 am
For precisely the reason Joe gives, i smell a rat. I think the claim of the OP is bullshit, and that the author here just wants to find Hitler speeches online, but doesn't want to admit to being an admirer of the little ****.
0 Replies

Roswell

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 04:32 pm
First, I clearly understand that hitler did not speak in english but it's not a big problem since nowadays we live in a world where, if you haven't already noticed, translation can be successfully applied in various fields. And, by the way, many of his speeches ARE indeed translated into english, I personally have found many examples. Again, it's wrong to say that hitler did not say ANY hate speech since he was OPENLY critical to the Jews and the Soviets (there are certain videos on the Internet, actually).
Second, the topic of my annual paper includes a comparison of several hate speeches, so it doesn't mean that I am a supporter of that crazy guy or something like that. My paper's aim is to make a comparison between several hate speeches and that's it (i.e. the language used in them) - no deeper interpretations. Here, I should also then say, that I would appreciate any other link to any other hate speech even though I have already found some by myself.

In conclusion, all I wanted from you dear people, is a link to those speeches by hitler as I failed to find any on my own (the Internet can be used for that purpose, can't it?!), and if you are all extremely unwilling to help and are simply looking to express your stupid anger at someone who has chosen a topic that is not very suitable for you personally, WHY the **** are you actually replaying to my topic? Ignore then the discussion and that's it.
So for those who are still against me (and I don't know actually why) I say: go and **** yourself bitches, but for those who still want to help me and understand that I am not simply joking here but looking for a serious help, send me a link to a hate speech transcript if you know one.

Regards,
Roswell
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 12:48 am
@Roswell,
Roswell wrote:
(i.e. the language used in them)
Okay. So you can speak resp. understand German very well, I suppose.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 11:27 am
@Roswell,
Hitler Hate Speeches

here you go

Hate Speech Here
Roswell

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 01:02 pm
@djjd62,
Thank you very much for the link but I need a tapescript of the speech rather than the video... x///
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 01:12 pm
@Roswell,
You do realize that your only workable option now is to actually go to a major academic or main branch of a public library and have them do an interlibrary request if they don't have the published transcripts themselves, right?
mysteryman

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 01:20 pm
@djjd62,
Very funny.
Your link goes to a Romney speech, not a hitler speech.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 01:22 pm
That Dj, he's a card . . . a pistol . . . a real pill.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 01:39 pm
@tsarstepan,
Well, a search in a Virtual Catalog / a meta search interface would get dozens of results, too.

As said, Hitler spoke German, and thus, most books with his speeches are in German. (And that makes sense, too.)

My quick search for a book in English found:
Title The Essential Hitler: Speeches and Commentary
Authors Adolf Hitler, Max Domarus
Editors Max Domarus, Patrick Romane
Edition illustrated
Publisher Bolchazy-Carducci Publishers, 2007
ISBN 0865166277, 9780865166271
Length 862 pages

http://i50.tinypic.com/b8w7wi.jpg
A complete collection of Hitler's speeches and proclamations. Contains the complete text of the original German 4-volume set, and the 4-volume English translation.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 02:01 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Try to search for Собрание речей и статей государственного и политического деятеля Германии А.Гитлера at your local library ...
0 Replies

Roswell

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 01:37 pm
@djjd62,
Very funny.
Your link goes to a Romney speech, not a hitler speech.
_________

well, it does not really matter whether the speech is by hitler or not, the most important fact is that it IS a hate speech and has its own transcript since as a see now it's rather difficult to find his speech's transcript on the web
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 01:54 pm
@Roswell,
There's not only the web but there are libraries as well.
Quote:
Any scholar studying Adolf Hitler should already know how invaluable Max Domarus's massive four-volume work on Hitler's speeches and proclamations is. Since 2004, it has been available in an English translation, and now all eight volumes are available on CD-ROM.
Source
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 01:56 pm
@Roswell,
Roswell wrote:
well, it does not really matter whether the speech is by hitler or not
This is quite surprising!

Roswell wrote:
in my annual paper I am going to analyse one Hitler hate speech.
Roswell

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 03:32 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
It seems that the unfriendliness of this website continues to prosper and still there are people who try to catch every word that I say. But the contradiction that you, dear Walter Hinteler, have noticed is worthless because you haven't read my last message carefully enought:

"well, it does not really matter whether the speech is by hitler or not, the most important fact is that it IS a hate speech and has its own transcript since as a see now it's rather difficult to find his speech's transcript on the web"

You, my dear friend, have missed the part starting with the word "SINCE" which, if you do not know (and as far as I can see now is the case), means "BECAUSE". So, the point that I was trying to make is this:

As / Since / Because I now see that it's impossible to find a hitler hate speech that would be available on the Internet, I will be happy enough to get any suggestions (web links to) about hate speeches that were made by other politicians and whose transcripts are available on the Internet.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 03:50 pm
@Roswell,
Unfriendliness? Sorry, I didn't intend to sound like that. But I'd thought it was a more university-like annual paper. My bad.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 03:52 pm
@Roswell,
Neticu ka tu esi lietuvietis.
Roswell

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 02:57 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Kodel netiki? As esu lietuvis siaip jau. Bet kam cia tai turetu rupeti?!

1. Forums
  2. » Hitler Hate Speeches
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 05:27:59