what you know about islam really ?

MURDOCK212

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 02:19 pm
@fresco,
Rev Ian Paisley:
"And the wicked shall be cast into the pit and shall grind their teeth in anguish"
Old Lady:
"What if you've got no teeth ?"
Rev: "TEETH SHALL BE PROVIDED !"
(Dave Allen. Irish Comedian)

Hmm..... Never thought of that one

But I suggest you knock your own teeth out and provide it for the Old lady?

If not, stop replying with the worst comebacks ever

Ill give you credit for trying though but if we wanted to read comedy lines, we'd search up for a comedy forum.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 02:32 pm
No one here is obliged to, or trying to, come up with snappy "comebacks" for a ranting, irrational religious fanatic like you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 02:34 pm
@MURDOCK212,
No, you are not a human being just like me. I don't happen to be hag-ridden by superstition, and a religiously-based bigotry which makes me think i'm better than anyone who doesn't believe as i do.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 11:46 pm
@MURDOCK212,
Listen pal....

Your "education" does not seem to have covered Shakespeare's Hamlet which contains the well known quotation "What a piece of work is man", which implies Shakespeare was supportive of the idea of "a creator". Since you claim to believe in such a concept your rejection of the phrase gives a good indication of your "intellect".Your claim to wish to "share your religion" is in fact nothing more than a self-reinforcement exercise with a potential promise of celestial brownie points. The wilder the rantings, the more likely it is that you are uncertain of your position.

I suggest you give up your self-elected role of being a shop window for Islam before you do any more damage to Islam's already tarnished reputation.
0 Replies

snj

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 11:33 pm
@just1brother,
The word Islam is an arabic word which means peace. U may think that its a violent religion but that's not the truth. If you read the Quran(the one having the translations),u will find that it tells us how to live our daily life, the universe,the things that are haram(prohibited)etc. It is actually the terrorists like al qaeda that are bringing the name of Islam down. Finally, I would like to ask ,you if you want to buy a car and u see a person driving it ,will judge the car by its features or by its driver?
fresco

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 11:50 pm
@snj,
.No. The word "Islam" means "submission" (check it out). In practical terms it means muslims submit themselves to the words of the Koran which they believe was dictated by Allah. No doubt there are exhortations to both peace and violence in that ancient text, like there are in the OT.
Buying cars is one thing. Buying camels is quite different.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 12:16 am
@just1brother,
just1brother wrote:
Please let we talk as a human, what you know about Islam ?
i mean what you see about it not what you hear.
I know that I don t care about it.
I will remain neutral about it,
as long as u STOP blowing up our stuff.

David
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 01:50 pm
@snj,
Quote:
The word Islam is an arabic word which means peace.

Bullshit. Islam means submission. Peddle your garbage somewhere else.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 04:08 pm
@coldjoint,
How much Arabic do you know, ColdJoint?

coldjoint

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 05:46 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
How much Arabic do you know, ColdJoint?

Allah Akbar is about all anyone needs to .

Any language Islamic scripture is translated in it is still hateful, supremacist, sexist and violent.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 07:18 pm
Well, while I see many peaceful Muslims, I doubt anyone needs me to comment on the percentage I find violent.

That aside, I have a few thoughts on the debate so far...actually, mostly in relation to Max's views :

Maxdancona wrote:
I view Islam the same as I view any other religion.

I view each religion based on the merits of each individual religion. Any other way seems illogical.

Maxdancona wrote:
You have a responsibility to these children. It would be a shame if prejudice got in the way of meeting the needs of students.

I didn’t see in Fresco post anything prejudicial – he was simply talking about what he sees. The day you can’t talk about common problems and/or behaviours you see in a group is the day political correctness wins out over common sense and problem solving (you can't solve a problem without admitting it's existence)

Prejudice by the way is thinking all people are the one way (a claim Fresco never made), or treating an individual a particular way based on how you think all ‘his/her’ people are. Interestingly, it only applies to the negative, rather than including positive generalisations & treatment.

Maxdancona wrote:
How is the anti-Jewish and anti-Catholic prejudice you describe different than the prejudice experienced by Muslims? People in the majority culture have disparaged all of these minority religion/ethnic groups.

So Fresco is now responsible for other people disparaging a minority? Though it appears that are you trying to say he is the same as them?...and that you are treating him the same as you would prejudiced people?... (which, as you justifiably hold quite a negative view of prejudice, and as there is no evidence for such in Fresco’s words, would be rather prejudiced behaviour on your part)

Each and every person should be viewed on their own merit, just as each and every society should be, and each and every faith system.

Comparisons are somewhat useful…but when they become a rule, they can be very misleading. eg 'buddhism is peaceful so all religions must be peaceful’, or ‘New Zealand has no desire to Conquer another country so no other country must desire to conquer’, or ‘YYY invaded ZZZ, so it’s okay for my country to invade XXX’, or 'AAA was violent 6 centuries ago, so it's okay for BBB to be violent now'…the logic of such comparisons is non-existant.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 07:55 pm
Quote:
'buddhism is peaceful so all religions must be peaceful’,

Buddhists in Thailand have broken the mold thanks to Islam. They have decided to fight back.

Of course they(Buddhists) receive the bad press and the Muslims assume the usual victims role.

Quote:
2013.11.10 Syria Damascus 1 0 A 50-year-old MP kidnapped by al-Nusra Islamists is executed in captivity.

Quote:
2013.11.15 Thailand Narathiwat 3 0 Three local cops are blown to bits by Muslim 'separatists'.

Quote:
2013.11.13 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A 26-year-old Buddhist on a motorcycle is machine-gunned by Muslim terrorists.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
jcboy

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 08:21 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
'buddhism is peaceful so all religions must be peaceful’,

Buddhists in Thailand have broken the mold thanks to Islam. They have decided to fight back.

Of course they(Buddhists) receive the bad press and the Muslims assume the usual victims role.

Quote:
2013.11.10 Syria Damascus 1 0 A 50-year-old MP kidnapped by al-Nusra Islamists is executed in captivity.

Quote:
2013.11.15 Thailand Narathiwat 3 0 Three local cops are blown to bits by Muslim 'separatists'.

Quote:
2013.11.13 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A 26-year-old Buddhist on a motorcycle is machine-gunned by Muslim terrorists.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Isn't there another forum you can troll on?
vikorr

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 08:23 pm
@coldjoint,
Coldjoint, where you quoted me was something I made up (there are Buddhist places that defend themselves I'm lead to believe) to make a point about comparisons. That quote (one half of a comparison) wasn't written to be truth in and of itself.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 08:25 pm
@jcboy,
You want to say something about Islam? Then say it. You are the troll flyboy.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 08:30 pm
@vikorr,
I am just letting you and others know that Islam will engulf any country it can.
It will do it with violence, intimidation, and using its host countries laws against it.

Buddhists monks are fighting back. They are fed up and are a shining example for the rest of the world. They are teaching Islam the Golden Rule, something devoid from the Islamic doctrine.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 08:47 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

You want to say something about Islam? Then say it. You are the troll flyboy.

You have no idea how happy it makes me feel knowing you’re a Republican poster. Although I’m guessing decent Republicans on the site hang their heads in shame after reading your posts. Razz
coldjoint

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 09:59 pm
@jcboy,
I never said I was Republican either. If you don't have anything to say about Islam get your sorry a free ass out of here, troll.
0 Replies

Fraund

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 08:03 am
@just1brother,
http://s27.postimg.org/juy4klf1v/44sf5s96.jpg
0 Replies