Judgement Day Criteria?

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 02:53 pm
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius wrote:

With regard to love, hebrews have four words for the word love.. How do you interpret the word love and how should it be applied?

First I heard that there are four words for 'love' in the Hebrew language. I think you might be referring to the Romans and the four different words for love in the Latin language: caritas, amicas, amor and eros. (If I misspelled something, I'm sure George will correct me. Razz )
Smileyrius

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 04:59 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Ha you sir are right that I am wrong, I meant the Greeks. I don't know much Hebrew, nor latin for that matter.

agape, phileo, storge, and eros.

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 05:07 pm
@Smileyrius,
Veddy good. The Romans, no doubt, borrowed that from the Greeks as they borrowed everything else.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 05:54 pm
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius wrote:
My question was not necessarily coherent. My bad.

Why do you think God only tells people what is expected of them
when they aren't in their bodies?
I 've gotten the general impression
that there is some reticence to directly influence
people's personal futures.
The available testimony has not always been 1OO% consistent
from one person to another; e.g., some folks find out about kids
to be born some years into the future. I recommend the book of
my friend Raymond Moody, M.D. His writing is fast & ez to understand. LIFE AFTER LIFE Y not Google it??
There have been numerous others, written by respected medical doctors.

Smileyrius wrote:
With regard to love, hebrews have four words for the word love..
How do you interpret the word love and how should it be applied?
Goodwill. Be kind when reasonably convenient.
I began a hobby in furtherance of hedonism,
in springing surprizes on people who don't expect them;
fun things, like giving free cash when it is not expected.
Some people have attested to empathically feeling,
during a life review experience, the effects that thay had upon others
(e.g., one fellow named Tom Sawyer, who slugged someone in the mouth
quite a few times, at a traffic accident, who felt the effects upon his victim,
as well as other effects, more remote than the time & place of that disturbance).

Smileyrius wrote:
With regards to knowledge, what knowledge do we have to aquire, and is knowing enough?
Different people had a variety of answers.
For some, it was new interest in the fine arts.
For others, it was finance, maybe new talents manifested
or interests in new careers.
I am not aware of any limits.

I saw someone on TV who got a heart transplant
from a deceased young motorcyclist, who got killed
on his way back from McDonald's with some chicken McNuggets
inside his jacket, over the transplanted heart. The survivor
had developed a lust for that specific food, b4 he found out
the source of his new heart, or so he said on TV.

Check this website for a lot of free information:
www.IANDS.org
Smileyrius

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 03:05 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I'll have a study through the site you gave me cheers David,

It does interest me, I have heard before that people having transplants and transfusions have picked up characteristics from their donators. Sometimes good but not always. I heard a story of someone who following a transplant began to suffer from rage, when they had not prior, another obtained the habit of biting his nails, something he had hated before, a little obscure, but interesting nonetheless. I understand a certain amount of who we are is coded into our DNA, which makes sense when we take new DNA into our bodies that ours may adapt to compensate.

According to scripture, the God of the Israelites was quite exacting verging on pinickety. His laws and statutes to them were very thorough and succint, covering every aspect of their lives, wether they understood them or not. Although my understanding is that we are no longer under the Mosaic law, I find it difficult to reconcile the God of the old Testament with one that wants so little from us. An all forgiving, laid back God is a huge change from one that consumed Dathan and Abiram in fire for performing worship in an unacceptable way, swallowed Korah and his followers up in the ground for proposing a regime change, or refused Moses entry to the promised land after he claimed credit for the water from the rock.

More variable thoughts that are of interest, Jesus was said to have exclaimed that it would be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom. How do riches effect the requirements you mentioned. I know a few rich men that are also kind and well knowledged.

I strikes me that God would have a use for my knowledge of per sé ancient culture, or algebra in a spirit realm. Would this also mean that people with learning difficulties are playing the game of life on hard mode?

More questions, sorry to swamp you chap, I have an inquisitive mind.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 04:24 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You may find this of interest Dave.

Quote:
A Croatia lumberjack claims he started 'enjoying housework and knitting' after he was given a female kidney..

Stjepan Lizacic, 56, from Osijek, is suing his local health authority because he says he's become a laughing stock.

He says his life changed from enjoying heavy drinking sessions with pals to prefering housework after the operation.

He told local newspaper 24sata: "The kidney transplant saved my life, but they never warned me about the side effects.

"I have developed a strange passion for female jobs like ironing, sewing, washing dishes, sorting clothes in wardrobes and even knitting."

He pointed out that before the kidney transplant he would not have been seen dead doing the housework, and expected his wife to do it all, but now found it both relaxing and fulfilling.

He said: "My wife is the only one that is pleased. I do most of the housework now, and I blame the hospital that transplanted me the kidney of a 50-year-old woman instead of a man's kidney."

His wife Radmila added: "If the new femine side to him is confined to housework I am very happy, I only hope he doesn't start looking at other men."

http://palinstravels.co.uk/static-51-6?topic=8230&forum=9

Smileyrius

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 05:14 am
@izzythepush,
pure brilliance
izzythepush

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 07:40 am
@Smileyrius,
It is quite amusing isn't it? I'm not convinced it's all down to having a female kidney, but what do I know?
Enzo

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 08:11 am
@izzythepush,
I wonder if this lumberjack would have a similar effect after the transplant if he was not aware of the gender of the donor. I suspect some form of placebo effect where by some preconceptions, by the lumberjack's imagination, as to what the transplant is supposed to do.
At least he's helping his wife with the house work, so that's good.
0 Replies

Spreader

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 03:14 am
@Smileyrius,
There no shortage of end-of-the-world scenarios. Portraying, an assortment of doomsday catastrophes. They include annihilation by nuclear war, asteroid collision, deadly virus, runaway climate change, or invaders from outer space.

Religious views also vary; many teach that “the end” will bring an end to all life on earth. Commenting on Matthew 24:14, one theologian wrote these dire words: “This verse is one of the most important in all the Word of God . . . Our generation faces potential destruction of such total proportions that few of us try to envisage the awful reality.”
Such views usually overlook an important fact: God “firmly established” the earth; he “did not create it simply for nothing, [but] formed it even to be inhabited.” (Isaiah 45:18) So when Jesus referred to “the end,” he did not mean that the earth would be destroyed; neither did he mean that humanity would be obliterated. He meant that the wicked—those who stubbornly refuse to live in harmony with Jehovah’s loving direction—would be destroyed.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 01:50 pm
@Spreader,
Absolutely correct, Smiley. When Jesus referred to the "end of days" he was not predicting an apocalypse as we understand that concept. He was talking about the coming of the kingdom of God here on earth, not of some rapturous lifting of deserving humans into outer space. His words and their meaning have been twisted out of all rational sense by hysterical so-called "Christians."
Smileyrius

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 07:44 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
So armageddon is the coming of Gods kingdom. Do you suggest armageddon and judgement day to be seperate incidences or is there judgement to be made upon arrival? What criteria do you suggest he will judge me against?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2012 08:13 pm
@Smileyrius,
I have absolutely no idea whatsoever about any "judgement." I leave that to people who like to play with their own heads. Me, I just observe the available evidence and comment on it when it seems appropriate to do so.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 03:24 am
I thought this thread would be a good place to raise up Romeo's concept
romeo wrote:
The playing field is level and there's ONE measuring test and ONE test only-
Jesus said - "THE work God requires is to believe in the one he has sent" (John 6:28 )
so if we accept (or at least "like") Jesus, we've got a good chance of measuuring up. Reject him and we flunk bigtime

I mostly do so because I trust that it is not a complete and accurate portrayal of what he believes and would like to offer him the chance to expand and explain the concept of belief in Jesus.

Romeo, I ask without prejudice, beyond belief in the purest terms, are there any further requirements that you think god would require beyond belief that his son existed and that we kinda like him?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 05:25 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
It is quite amusing isn't it?
I'm not convinced it's all down to having a female kidney, but what do I know?
Izzy, did u see my earlier post on this point:
DAVID wrote:
I saw someone on TV who got a heart transplant
from a deceased young motorcyclist, who got killed
on his way back from McDonald's with some chicken McNuggets
inside his jacket, over the transplanted heart. The survivor
had developed a lust for that specific food, b4 he found out
the source of his new heart, or so he said on TV.
farmerman

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 05:31 am
@OmSigDAVID,
the entire field of epigenetic transfer of "life experience" is being studied as a real scientific inquiry. Ten years ago we would poo poo this as Neo Lamarckianism, today, not so much.
Every day when I read about new stuff that has been discovered,I tell myself to keep it in the back of my mind for future QA and verification.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 05:32 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Izzy, did u see my earlier post on this point

Yes, that's what prompted me to post the story about the kidney.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 05:54 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
the entire field of epigenetic transfer of "life experience" is being studied as a real scientific inquiry.
Ten years ago we would poo poo this as Neo Lamarckianism, today, not so much.
Every day when I read about new stuff that has been discovered,
I tell myself to keep it in the back of my mind for future QA and verification.

OK; good luck with the inquiry.
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 03:56 pm
@Smileyrius,
Romeo also states that you must not belong to an organised religion he hasn't approved. There is a very long list.

0 Replies