What's my mistaken keystroke

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2012 10:48 am
If you don't use tabs you won't find this of interest but in

http://able2know.org/topic/200320-1

I thank Mac for adopting my suggestion to keep tabs in place. It's really nifty to access a site with a single click especially if you're the type as I am frequently jumping around for a quick Googling, a def in Onelook, a syn in Thesaurus.com, etc

However, and Mac this is very important, there's still a glitch: An inadvertent keystroke still wipes them all out in an instant, destroying any work in progress. I can't tell you what it is because then it wouldn't be inadvertent

But those few of us using tabs would be grateful if you could find it and fix it. Meantime, my brethren, could anyone offer a guess

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2012 10:57 am
@dalehileman,
What browser do you actually use? Mac ISN'T a browser. It's the operating system.

Let me suggest you drop Safari if that's the browser you're using. Google Chrome or Firefox both have great tab browsing. In fact I believe Firefox invented the practice. Both of these browsers have the default option to warn the user when closing a set of tabs if they actually want to close the entire browser with all of the open tabs or if you just want to close a single tab and accidentally hit the wrong close button.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2012 11:19 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Quote:
What browser do you actually use?
Safari

Quote:
Mac ISN'T a browser. It's the operating system.
Yes I'm slowly resolving all those differences

Quote:
Let me suggest you drop Safari…..
Thanks Tsar for that suggestion but it's certain I'd find as much to gripe about in another browser

Quote:
Google Chrome or Firefox both have great tab browsing.
I'll pass this along to my No. 1 Son who's an Aerospace whiz at this sort of thing and if he agrees I'll reluctantly comply. However at 81 if switching over requires me to learn a whole new set of rules, forget it

Since Mac's last rev keeping the tabs in place is my only major issue at the moment, I'd rather just find out my guilty keystroke, then try to avoid it

Forgive me Tsar but I use the term "Mac" to mean any program, browser, site, hardware, etc, reflecting the almost total incompetence of editing routine

Quote:
…...the practice……..to warn the user when closing a set of tabs………..
Yes of course the edit programmer having an IQ exceeding 14 would provide such a warning. However Mac has such a low priority for the editing routine that he assigns to it only the savant, capable of programing but entirely unfamiliar with the language and its construction and the layout of a keyboard
0 Replies